Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Felix Tito Trinidad (2000) vs. Saul Canelo Alvarez @ 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Tito putting Canelo in trouble as soon as he starts landing his very accurate power shots. Canelo is flat footed and slow. I think he would become much much more slow and easy to hit once he is ripped with those quick snapping hooks to the jaw along with built up exhaustion. I see Canelo looking like Victor did, and always does, when he got hurt w/ Berto and is essentially defenseless. Just standing there squared up completely open to eating any power shot the other guy wants to throw. Not saying Canelo won't try to be ducking and dodging in coming shots when he is hurt, just that he will do it and the already mediocre head movement speed will be over matched by a speed demon like Tito. I mean you look at Vargas and sure he could deflect and dodge shots from any fighter. But no way in h*ll he could do that effectively for 12 rounds with Tito. I think Tito has the advantage in stamina, punch out put, hand speed, foot speed, but obviously not in the chin category. Canelo seems to have great boxing ability like Tito did and has the advantage in being more dynamic as a counter puncher along with having more solid power

Comment

Canelo 'El Gigante' Alvarez KO's Felix 'Tiny' Trinidad faster than Hopkins did.

Canelo 230lbs, too big. Trinidad fans say Trinidad was a bloated WW.

Comment

Tito by epic face crushing.

Comment

im a big tito fan, but i could also see canelo countering tito all night. im not sure who has more ring iq but this would be a toss up fight for me.

Comment

Trinidad shuts Canelo out 12-0

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
              Tito was one of my favorite fighters in his prime. Him and Oscar. Canelo would be too BIG for Tito, who couldn't even handle middleweight. He lost power as he went up. FACT. He would come forward all night and Canelo would like that and counter him, all night with hard shots. Canelo is too BIG. On top of that, he has a great chin, fast hands, heavy hands, a good ring IQ, and he's defensively responsible.

PS. Oscar has the style to beat him at 154lbs. No doubt. Canelo would also beat Vargas and Winky Wright. All of you idiots saying Tito would wipe the floor with him are unrealistic and probably Canelo haters. You are the same ones who will be looking stupid at how well he does against GGG. Smh.
              Winky? He beats Canelo 10-0 and stops him bro.

Tito might also stop 'Nelo, but I doubt it. Seems as if only bangers his size or movers of all sizes can beat Canelo. Tito is neither of those.

Comment

I think it would be a good fight. Trinidad has the power to knockdown Canelo & vice versa because Trinidad has been knocked down from time to time. That said would have to give the edge to Trinidad because he carries his power throughout the entire fight and I think Canelo eventually tires out giving Trinidad opportunities to sweep those last couple of rounds maybe even score a knockdown or two.

Also Trinidad was known to be dirty if a fight was starting to not go his way and I'm pretty sure he would be doing some dirty stuff if Canelo ever started getting momentum.
                Last edited by Tails; 05-08-2016, 10:29 PM.

Comment

The difference in talent from tito's era to now is pretty large. Canelo is too basic to be a higher end guy of that time. Tito would beat the hell out of him worse than Vargas.

Comment

Tito fought a lot of weak Jr middles in that time he also had cast wraps once that was exposed he $uck even Winky made him look foolish he pitched a 12 to 0 shut out. So I'll go with Canelo by knock put cause Tito got dropped a lot by guys with less power than Canelo

Comment

@54, that's a great fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X