No announcement yet.

Eubank Jnr vs Blackwell 1.5 mil ratings, Broner-Theopane 1.1 mil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eubank Jnr vs Blackwell 1.5 mil ratings, Broner-Theopane 1.1 mil

Population of America 320 million. Population of Britain: 62 million.

American boxing is ****ing shocking. It's a dying animal.

You couldnt' give this **** away for free.

A lot of Americans are "fair weathered". There is a large percent of American fair weathered fans that will come back if Deontay unifies. The FW Americans are all about the heavyweights.

Comment

Boxing is definitely on the up here in the UK at the minute and growing all the time.

Look at some of the arena and stadium crowds and how fast the tickets go for events. Hearn was right though, people are treating them as a proper night out, getting dressed up. It seems like boxing is reaching new audiences all the time in the UK. Of course a lot of those "DKSAB", but nobody did until they started to tune in.

1.5m out of 62m on a saturday is great going.

Comment

There's also a lot of competition these days in the States. Not to me, but to lots of others who live here. To me, BOXING is #1. To a lot of American's though, the NFL and NBA are HUGE. The dumb @ss UFC is huge here too. Boxing in the US has some strong sports competition.

Comment

If that Broner figure is correct then that is a great number, and TS doesn't know ****.

I would have expected something like 800k.

Comment

Originally posted by ThumperMcDougal View Post
            There's also a lot of competition these days in the States. Not to me, but to lots of others who live here. To me, BOXING is #1. To a lot of American's though, the NFL and NBA are HUGE. The dumb @ss UFC is huge here too. Boxing in the US has some strong sports competition.
            Of course, but UK is no different...

Football (Soccer to you) is basically like a religion here. Then Rugby games are also selling out big stadiums. There's a lot of UFC fans here too, like everywhere.

Comment

The difference is that the UK boxing scene they actually make fights like frampton-quigg, haye-chisora Eubanks-Saunders, groves-froch, groves-degale...

UK, for the most part, does a great job of making meaningful fights in a timely manner.. American boxing fans hardly ever get that

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
                If that Broner figure is correct then that is a great number, and TS doesn't know ****.

I would have expected something like 800k.
                Yeah but on the ratio of viewers : people, if roughly similar percentages were watching boxing in USA as in the UK, Broner v Theophane would have about 5 to 6 million viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  Yeah but on the ratio of viewers : people, if the same percentages were watching boxing in USA as in the UK, Broner v Theophane would have about 6.5 million viewers.
                  But that doesn't matter when the only thing that consistently gets huge ratings in America is the NFL.

This is on par with a NBA regular season game. It's ok.

No doubt that boxing is a lot more popular in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
                    But that doesn't matter when the only thing that consistently gets huge ratings in America is the NFL.

This is on par with a NBA regular season game. It's ok.

No doubt that boxing is a lot more popular in the UK.
                    Maybe, but it's still a tiny percentage compared to the population in relation to the UK. It's not like the UK doesn't have other sports with massive ratings too.

Comment

Working...
                    X