Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafeal writes extension with ESPN!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN Front Row
    AnnouncementsMoreBoxing
    ESPN.com’s Dan Rafael honored for career excellence in boxing journalism

By Dan Quinn
    2 years ago

ESPN's Dan Rafael receives BWAA's Nat Fleischer Award
    Dan Rafael with Roberto Duran (l) and Mike Tyson (r). (Photo courtesy of Dan Rafael)

“Boxing is my job, but also my hobby,” Dan Rafael says, and Friday the ESPN.com senior writer was recognized for both when he was named the annual recipient of the Boxing Writers Association of America’s (BWAA) Nat Fleischer Award for Excellence in Boxing Journalism.

The path toward achieving his profession’s highest honor began on Aug. 12, 1996 when Rafael covered his first professional fight for the “The Saratogian” at the Saratoga (N.Y.) City Center. A punch from Buddy McGirt sent blood flying from George Heckley, some reaching Rafael at ringside.

“That blood hitting my notebook as the crowd was going wild in the most exciting moment of the fight sent a shiver down my spine,” Rafael said. “I have been obsessed with boxing since that moment.”

I want to see how he gets when he orders that pizza or if he would act the same when Broner fcked Khabib up!! Especially that upper cut get away by the corner ropes son!

Comment

Like him or Not, Rafeal been covering boxing for a very long time probably before some of you were Born so NO ESPN is not going to fire Dan because some of you are sensitive about some of the stuff he writes about your favorite fighters

Comment

Working...
      X