No announcement yet.

Maravilla of 2012 vs GGG of today, who wins and why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maravilla of 2012 vs GGG of today, who wins and why

Before those leg injuries I was hoping to see Sergio Martinez near his best vs GGG....This fight would have answered a lot about GGG...could he take a punch, could he overcome an elite talent, how well could he deal with an unorthodox guy who had speed, heart and a good chin

Back then I was picking Martinez until the leg troubles the past few years

What about you guys?

GGG...i could see Serg pot shotting and winning a few rounds, but he circles and pivots without protecting his chin. He'd certainly get clipped by some of those looping shots GGG throws.

Although serg had great speed and huge heart, he was never untouchable nor granite chinned and he is not out slugging GGG.

Got a close fight until Serg gets hurt and eventually stopped.

Serg that fought cotto...2/3 rounds GGG ko ez

Comment

Martinez boxes circles around his ass flashbacks of Pavlik vs martinez

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
        Martinez boxes circles around his ass flashbacks of Pavlik vs martinez
        Hopkins thought kovalev was Pavlik part two, neither guys are anything like Pavlik. He was way too slow and one dimensional, Sergio wouldn't have that easy of a time. Ggg would eventually hurt Martinez, he's been dropped by much lesser punchers.

Comment

Golovkin stops him.

If Paul Williams plodding footwork could get to him, then Golovkin excellent footwork and measured approach would get him in place to put hands on Martinez. And i don't think Sergio would be able to take it.

Golovkin by late TKO.

Comment

it'd be worse than margo beating Sergio's ass up when they were younger

Comment

golovkin ko's martinez. people act like ggg is a crude brawler but he has skills.martinez leaves his hands down leaving his not so great chin exposed and golovkin will catch him with a bomb and finish him.golovkin has every advantage over martinez except speed which wont be that much of a problem because golovkin would be able to time him and negate that speed advantage.

Comment

Golovkin stops him in the mid-rounds. I find Segio's run to be overrated. Golovkin's pressure would sap the energy from Martinez's legs and Golovkin would punch through Sergio's feints.
                • Sergio was taken 12 by Kermit Cintron, in a fight where Sergio should've scored a KO, it was screwed up and allowed to continue and Cintron rallied back.
                • He was losing to Pavlik before Kelly completely gassed in the 7th round, it came out later that Pavlik spent 2 weeks at the Betty Ford clinic and was released 10 days before the Martinez fight. Not only was he not focused on Sergio, but he killed himself making the weight.
                • Who knows how the Paul Williams fight would've went if Paul would've made it out of the 1st round. Going into the fight Paul was talking about fighting Pacquiao and Mayweather more than Martinez and made a point to come into their fight light at 157lbs so that he would be more able to move back to 147lbs for May/Pac.
                • Sergio ducked Pirog and went on to fight Dzinziruk, Barker, Macklin, Chavez and Murray. Forget the Murray fight b/c of his injuries, but Sergio had some issues with Barker and Macklin.

Comment

as much as i think cottos a diva at 160, i strongly believe he beats any version of martinez... stylistically martinez has no chance.......
                  with that said, ggg runs through martinez, and martinez is now known as a hype job bum who beat a bum in chavez, almost dieded in the process of doing it

Comment

GGG destroys Martinez. In 2012 Martinez was getting knocked around the ring by Chavez Jr and Macklin. GGG of today KO's any Martinez from 2011-2014. 2008-2010 Martinez would be a competitive fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X