No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Abril in Talks For February 16th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    Wasnt no feeling out rounds, Broner didnt land anything on him because he kept moving! And in one round, Broner didnt land anything at all! His punches are too telegraphable for a defensive fighter! He winds up and throws full power! I never said that Broner should stop walking guys down! What I said is, based on what I've seen of him, thats all I think he can do! No if Eloy was a small guy who had just enough defense to make it ugly, then Abril, is going to do worse, because of his height and reach! And Broner's flatfooted, and short, and can easily get dominated! I break down everything I say! All u can say is "Lundy, Abril, Lundy, Abril" Your going to have to come correct in this boxing game, go somewhere with the triangle theories! I used eloy, because he so damn small, imagine what Abril gonna do when he capitalize on the footwork, and height and reach advantages! Your a Broner groupie, and you get butt hurt when someone says Broner will lose! Look how many comments you posted to me, you even started double posting! Get over it bro, Im just not changing my mind, deal with it.
    Maybe you should read some of my previous posts and you will see I'm far from a Broner groupie, I was wrong about Broner, and you will realize that you are too. All you can do is bring up Eloy who didn't even make it out of the 4th round with Broner, that's just stupid. This is a safe fight for Broner. GoldenBoy has no intentions of putting Broner in there with someone they think is a real threat yet because if they did he would be fighting Gamboa next. Lundy beat Abril and so Broner who is a superior fighter to Lundy will too. Thats how GB see's it and it's as simple as that. Boxing promotion 101

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
      DeMarco and Abril fight nothing alike. So "they never faced anyone like ....." is a fact not a theory.

I agree Broner cleans out 135. But Abril is a risky opponent and team Broner deserves major props for taking this fight and it will be a good win on his resume. It's a damn shame that we have a young fighter seeking to take on the toughest challenges in his division and people still *****, complain and downplay his opposition.

Abril is a good test for him. Give Broner some damn credit.
      Abril aint no good test. It's a safe fight. Maybe Abril and Demarco are nothing alike, which I think your wrong about when you compare their speed and boxing IQ, but let's just say your right. What you can't deny is the fact that Lundy and Broner are somewhat alike and Abril lost to Lundy. Last time I checked Broner's stronger, faster, and now bigger than Hank Lundy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
        Maybe you should read some of my previous posts and you will see I'm far from a Broner groupie, I was wrong about Broner, and you will realize that you are too. All you can do is bring up Eloy who didn't even make it out of the 4th round with Broner, that's just stupid. This is a safe fight for Broner. GoldenBoy has no intentions of putting Broner in there with someone they think is a real threat yet because if they did he would be fighting Gamboa next. Lundy beat Abril and so Broner who is a superior fighter to Lundy will too. Thats how GB see's it and it's as simple as that. Boxing promotion 101
        Broner chooses his own opponents! I dont care what you think! Gamboa is a small, glass jaw, wild, non-disciplined, shot fighter! He is too small for Broner, and will get KO'd! Then you lie, and say, "All you can do is bring up Eloy!" Your COPYING Me when I said, that All you can do is bring up Lundy-Abril! I said that because its TRUE! I do more than use a silly triangle Theory! I dont even have to bring up Eloy! I will say what I BEEN saying this ENTIRE time! Breakdown of WHY; Broner is FLATFOOTED and tries to walk you down! When Abril faces a guy of that style, he will run and box on the backfoot! Using his size, reach, and height advantage over the smaller fighter! Go away you weirdo, no matter what I say, you twist **** up, lie and say I dont break it down, try to flip **** around! You dont even have an argument, you just see Broner's speed and power, and skills, and you think he's unbeatable! You cant break down this fight, based off of flaws, and whatnot! Like I said before, Im not changing my mind!

Comment

I know you're just defended your fellow latino. but Abril is a bum. He lost to Lundy doesn't matter if he should of gotten the nod, Lundy should of gotten the nod against Beltran too, and sure Abril could have gotten the nod against Rios, but outside of a couple flurries and a few potshots, Abril had a lot of moments of inactivity, unlike Rios, I had it closer to a draw. It's no different from the Pacquiao lost to Bradley of or Mosley win over Mora, being inactive boxing and looking flashy just doesn't convince some judges especially if your name isn't Floyd Mayweather, judges don't give guys like Abril the benefit of the doubt.
          Don't assume. If you knew anything about me, you'd know that I don't defend anyone solely because they're a "fellow Latino." But if you think that the Abril-Rios fight was even close, and if you think it was no different than Pac-Bradley (which was also a clear robbery), then I have to question your judgement.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
            DeMarco and Abril fight nothing alike. So "they never faced anyone like ....." is a fact not a theory.

I agree Broner cleans out 135. But Abril is a risky opponent and team Broner deserves major props for taking this fight and it will be a good win on his resume. It's a damn shame that we have a young fighter seeking to take on the toughest challenges in his division and people still *****, complain and downplay his opposition.

Abril is a good test for him. Give Broner some damn credit.
            He cant break down the fight, all he does is use triangle theories! He cant break down not ONE thing on why Broner wins! He just sees the power, speed, and thinks thats why. No fight logics.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Don't assume. If you knew anything about me, you'd know that I don't defend anyone solely because they're a "fellow Latino." But if you think that the Abril-Rios fight was even close, and if you think it was no different than Pac-Bradley (which was also a clear robbery), then I have to question your judgement.
              Bro he's a weirdo.

Comment

• Gamboa is probably an easier fight than Abril. Did you guys not see this dude's defensive holes Saturday? Couple that with the height disadvantage. Gamboa would get picked apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                  Broner chooses his own opponents! I dont care what you think! Gamboa is a small, glass jaw, wild, non-disciplined, shot fighter! He is too small for Broner, and will get KO'd! Then you lie, and say, "All you can do is bring up Eloy!" Your COPYING Me when I said, that All you can do is bring up Lundy-Abril! I said that because its TRUE! I do more than use a silly triangle Theory! I dont even have to bring up Eloy! I will say what I BEEN saying this ENTIRE time! Breakdown of WHY; Broner is FLATFOOTED and tries to walk you down! When Abril faces a guy of that style, he will run and box on the backfoot! Using his size, reach, and height advantage over the smaller fighter! Go away you weirdo, no matter what I say, you twist **** up, lie and say I dont break it down, try to flip **** around! You dont even have an argument, you just see Broner's speed and power, and skills, and you think he's unbeatable! You cant break down this fight, based off of flaws, and whatnot! Like I said before, Im not changing my mind!
                  You sound like a 14 yo kid. Probably spanish, and have some vendetta against Broner. Abril isn't known as a threat by any means, he's a decent boxer but not good enough to beat Broner. He can run, hide, try to use his reach or whatever else, Broner has 21 KO's out of 25 fights, he has no trouble walking guys like Abril down and knocking them out just like he did Demarco. Like I said I had my doubts about Broner but I don't see him losing until he faces maybe a Khan who is chinny but alot more dynamic then a Abril. Abril had 8 KO he will not be able to keep Broner off of him and Broner doesn't have to chase him around If he decides to run..

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Maybe you need to watch Abril-Rios again, I'm not a judge, but like I said outside of a few flashy flurries and jabs, Abril was inactive for a lot of the Rios fight, he didn't beat Rios down, he was just trying to do enough to get the "W" but like I said If your not the cash cow or known like a Mayweather then judges aren't going to give someone like Abril the benefit of the doubt. Either way he loses to Broner like he lost to Lundy. He's nothing special. He's a bum C level fighter, Adrien is close to elite.

Comment

Abril aint no good test. It's a safe fight. Maybe Abril and Demarco are nothing alike, which I think your wrong about when you compare their speed and boxing IQ, but let's just say your right. What you can't deny is the fact that Lundy and Broner are somewhat alike and Abril lost to Lundy. Last time I checked Broner's stronger, faster, and now bigger than Hank Lundy.
                      Lol. Dude, are you really telling me that DeMarco and Abril have the same style? One is a flat footed brawler/pressure fighter and the other is an awkward, slick boxer that likes to jab and move. DeMarco is a bigger puncher but Abril has a way higher Ring IQ.

And Lundy and Broner fight nothing alike.

Your entitled to your opinion and all but I don't think you know enough about Abril to know whether he is a tough opponent or not. Which is nothing to be ashamed of because he had limited footage.

Comment

Working...
                      X