Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ellerbe Questions Validity of Pacquaio's PPV #'s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was already a thread on this, and it's been proven to be just another random useless jab from team Floyd, considering they aren't even in talks/negotiations because Floyd doesn't want to fight.

Official numbers on Ortiz fight please?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Still waiting for the official Ortiz numbers.
      exactly, both GBP and Top Rank playing the same game... This idiots will say that ortiz and floyd already announce the PPV #s, by whom? GBP? I'm sure its not HBO.

Comment

Haha... Seems Ellerbe and Ben Thompson got nothing for Floyd right now.

They can't even name Floyd's next fight. MUst be very hard to constantly look for dirt somewhere just to make your idol smell like roses. People are really not that dumb. Why is Floyd on a long vacation again? Why, for example, is he afraid of going back in the ring? Didn't he say he'll be fighting five more times five months ago before retiring? He's got one and a half year left. Or he's just naturally a deceptive individual telling people what they want to hear when he's promoting his fights?

I've seen this diversionary tactic before. But keep on fooling people.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Not if he's just mentioning it in interviews.

Maybe if he was intentionally misleading shareholders or potential investors or someone with a financial stake in things, but just giving a number out to the public isn't illegal AFAIK.

I'm not an expert on how Top Rank/HBO are structured or the specifics of US law so I could be wrong. But I don't think it's illegal, pretty sure the UFC have done it for years.

that would be IRS. it's not really wise to exaggerate ppv numbers if IRS is listening. you don't want that agency to think you're cheating when you file your taxes because you gave out a misleading information to the media.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
            http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13385.html

Looks like Uncle Bob hasnt been telling the truth
            "take the test and we got a fight ".

doesn't sound very truthful anymore.

Comment

Lol @ floyds 1.5 ppv buys haha. more like floyd,cotto,canelo and mosley 1.5 ppv buys..... make floyd vs bradley nobody on the undercard make the fight on march lets see how many ppv it sells. Floyd = fraud

Comment

Working...
              X