Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all those trashing khan for running.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all those trashing khan for running.

Let me ask you a simple question. What is the taller,lankier fighter supposed to do to create the space needed to throw effectively when he's being smothered and cant push off and cant tie up inside???

Khan never ran in the conventional sense. He started agressively and was doing fine until the ref took a point for pushing. So khan ties up peterson and the ref refuses to break the clinches. So what else was khan supposed to do???

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    Let me ask you a simple question. What is the taller,lankier fighter supposed to do to create the space needed to throw effectively when he's being smothered and cant push off and cant tie up inside???

Khan never ran in the conventional sense. He started agressively and was doing fine until the ref took a point for pushing. So khan ties up peterson and the ref refuses to break the clinches. So what else was khan supposed to do???
    u in-fight. u kno what that is??? ppl do it. its not impossible, khan isnt that much of a taller lankier fighter. he just doesnt have the skill. ****, tommy hearns was a great infighter, even tho he was much taller and lankier. same thing for sugar ray leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      u in-fight. u kno what that is??? ppl do it. its not impossible, khan isnt that much of a taller lankier fighter. he just doesnt have the skill. ****, tommy hearns was a great infighter, even tho he was much taller and lankier. same thing for sugar ray leonard.
      uhhh...yeah...that's exactly what he ended up having to do. But staying there is exactly what peterson wants. What could khan have done to get the space to make it an outfight like he wants, where it put peterson at a disadvantage???

Comment

uhhh...yeah...that's exactly what he ended up having to do. But staying there is exactly what peterson wants. What could khan have done to get the space to make it an outfight like he wants, where it put peterson at a disadvantage???
        well all ill say is running wasnt effective and it did not help him win the fight at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          well all ill say is running wasnt effective and it did not help him win the fight at all.
          Agreed. Im just a bit irritated at all the people callin khan a runner and saying he cant handle pressure fighters when its not the case at all. just khan's hand was pretty much forced. Know what I mean??

Comment

theres nothing wrong with 'running' as long as you continue to throw punches, and Khan was definitely doing that, and was putting power behind them.

people just like to ***** about everything.

Comment

Turn his fighter, Side-step and box and use your jab to keep him off you.

Khan either covered up or ran.

Comment

At times, I thought Peterson was fighting Prefontaine.

Comment

That's the sad truth though, he can't handle pressure fighters effectively. Things like that separate the good from the great and Khan is nowhere near great.

The more fights you watch the more you appreciate what Mayweather does in the ring or fighters of that caliber for that matter.

Khan looked like a headless chicken out there - just clueless.

He literally ran and it was ugly. I clearly remember a sequence where he ran to the other side of the ring scared as Lamont RAN after him. It wasn't like retreating fast or anything, it was like full running.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    Turn his fighter, Side-step and box and use your jab to keep him off you.

Khan either covered up or ran.
                    I was literally about to write this. Khan either backed straight back or used lateral movement. That was it. He did not pivot or turn Peterson and he did not use his jab very effectively. He had the speed to tag Peterson all night, really. But he much preferred to throw flurries and back away than try and stay in the center of the ring and dictate the distance with his jab. Because Peterson has pretty good footwork and is good at cutting off the ring, just backing won't be enough to keep him off for the entire night.

Comment

Working...
                    X