No announcement yet.

Reaching a plateau in training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaching a plateau in training

Ive been training for year and a half, been serious for last 7/8months and I'm wondering what you guys think about training for a fight. Ive been doing regular two hour sessions four days a week for months and I may have a fight next month. Thing is Ive made a lot of progress over the last few months in training/sparring but recently I feel like my performance, physical and pyschologial, has dipped. I cant bring myself to train as hard as Ive been doing.

Wondering if I peaked too early and should have paced myself before.

Any ideas?

try training more often, i train 6 days a week at the gym for an hour and a half, also train outside of the gym.

Comment

There are lots of things u can do one is just off a few days and get work on your skills. Try new exercices if normally u do heavy bag work, try and do punch out drills for speed instead of going by round. For weight training try drop set if u are bored or not seeing progress these do wonders, just dont go to heavy. (its boxing after all)

Comment

Thanks guys I think varying the training will probably help as I tend to go through the motions with my usual drill.

Comment

Working...
        X