Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is their not any boxers who box like Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    bigger dudes aren't that agile. Tyson was compact and had a low center of gravity nd huge legs. Most heavies now are tall and fat or tall and have bad balance (Klitchkos) which prohibits the side to side bobbing and Tyson was quick too. If Tyson had a father-like trainer throughout his entire career and remained focused, he would have been unbeatable.
    Nobody is unbeatable. The bobbing and weaving style could be countered by a lennox lewis type fighter who fought tall and used distance effectively.

Not saying prime lennox beats a prime tyson 10 times out of 10 but every style is tailor made for another style.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
      Yes, copious amounts of alcohol
      It's always better to have more than you need than to need and not have enough....my rule of thumb anyways, lol

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        Nobody is unbeatable. The bobbing and weaving style could be countered by a lennox lewis type fighter who fought tall and used distance effectively.

Not saying prime lennox beats a prime tyson 10 times out of 10 but every style is tailor made for another style.
        Maybe but by the time Tyson fought Lennox, he was no longer focused and let the limelight ruin him. I feel that once Cus died, so did Tyson...sadly.

Comment

Thats actually how I fight and no I dont do it because of Mike. It was just my natural style but Ive only had street fights

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post

The bobbing and weaving style is made for the tall guy who uses the distance effective. Once the tall guy throws a jab, or right, the short guy can go under and hit him Tyson style. Of course this is easier said then done. In the end speed, power, versatility, skill, resiliancy, and mental fortitute would determine the outcome, but iI dont believe the bobbing and weaving style can be countered by a lewis type fighter if used effectively. Tyson didnt even use that style when they fought so the comparison is irrelavent, yet I would favor tyson to beat lewis prime for prime but thats just my take on the matter.

Comment

like in any sport, tyson was so great because he was a once in a lifetime type of athlete. You can't immulate him, because you aren't him. He's gotta be up there with one of the most dominant athletes of all time, based purely on his physical abilities. Not saying he was the best boxer, just saying no one in the past present or future can do whatt tyson did physically.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                bigger dudes aren't that agile. Tyson was compact and had a low center of gravity nd huge legs. Most heavies now are tall and fat or tall and have bad balance (Klitchkos) which prohibits the side to side bobbing and Tyson was quick too. If Tyson had a father-like trainer throughout his entire career and remained focused, he would have been unbeatable.
                I agree with this

Comment

Because cus d'mato is dead.

Everything mike had came from that man.

Comment

Yeah, Tyson was the amazing. IT was frustrating to watch him just lose it, lose what got him there..It was sad seeing him turn into a guy that just went for the wild bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingOaktown View Post
                      The bobbing and weaving style is made for the tall guy who uses the distance effective. Once the tall guy throws a jab, or right, the short guy can go under and hit him Tyson style. Of course this is easier said then done. In the end speed, power, versatility, skill, resiliancy, and mental fortitute would determine the outcome, but iI dont believe the bobbing and weaving style can be countered by a lewis type fighter if used effectively. Tyson didnt even use that style when they fought so the comparison is irrelavent, yet I would favor tyson to beat lewis prime for prime but thats just my take on the matter.
                      Lewis loved to paw with the jab and use it as a measuring stick/taunt to frustrate opponents. So even when a lewis opponent tried to slip under it he'd simply reposition himself with his legs to defend or stay out of reach. So as good as tyson was....he couldnt really throw bombs against someone he couldnt bullrush and keep him out of range with his short arms.

Comment

Working...
                      X