Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got around to watching ESPN card, very boring show, particularly the first fight, Hopkins vs Arnaoutis was not much better either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
      Just got around to watching ESPN card, very boring show, particularly the first fight, Hopkins vs Arnaoutis was not much better either.
      Michael Spinks vs Yaqui Lopez, 10-18-80.
      The single, most exciting Michael Spinks fight ever. Lopez attacked him from the opening bell, stunning him a few times and taking an early lead. Lopez was one of the best fighters never to win a world title. He gave Saad Muhammad, Galindez and Spinks hell. This was right after his FOTY against Saad, and Spinks was still 8 months away from fighting Mustafa Muhammad for the WBA 175 pound title. After 6 rounds, I had Lopez ahead by winning 4 of the first 6 rounds. In the 7th, Spinks, who was known for his vaunted right, stunned Yaqui with a sensational left hook. Spinks was a great finisher, as he jumped on Lopez and finished him off. A must see fight for all followers of the 175 pound class.

Comment

Just got around to watching ESPN card, very boring show, particularly the first fight, Hopkins vs Arnaoutis was not much better either.
        Mike McCallum vs Herol Graham-5-10-89

This is the first time I ever saw this fight and there is no way Graham was robbed. McCallum outworked Graham to the body and head, and Herol spent far too much of the fight not throwing punches. In the 7th, he was credited with a knockdown of McCallum, but Herol gave that point back the following round by being penalized a point for spinning McCallum and hitting him from behind. After 8 rounds, I had the fight dead even. McCallum clearly won 3 of the last four rounds to win the vacant 160 pound, WBA version of the world title. Graham should a lot of heart, but in the last four rounds he was completely exhausted from moving around the ring. Once McCallum was able to corner him, he simply outworked Graham. Was amazing to see the British announce team be silent during the rounds and only give commentary during the minute rest periods. Was this a common thing during British broadcasts back then? I though it was effective and served as to not prejudice the viewer watching the fight.

Comment

Watched Edwin Rosario's destruction of Loreto Garza from June, 14, 1991. It was Chapo at his best. He dropped Garza less than 10 seconds into the fight with his lethal right. A right that landed at will. Rosario bounced Garza around the ring from the beginning until the end, which came in the 3rd round. Garza had no answer for Rosario, as he may have landed 5 punches the entire fight. It was, IMO, Chapo's greatest performance. After knocking the champion down five times, the referee finally stopped the fight and raised Rosario's hand in victory, winning the WBA 140 pound crown.

Comment

Saw Davey Moore's brutal 5th round ko of Charlie Weir. This was an absolute mismatch, as Moore beat the hell out of the South African from the opening bell. By the 5th round, Weir's forehead was so swollen, he was beginning to resemble Frankenstein. Finally, in the 5th, Moore put Weir to sleep with a spectacular right hand. A total mismatch, and Weir was so undeserving of a title fight. It was Moore's first successful defense of his WBA 154 pound crown.

Comment

JUANMA vs Concepcion.
              Round 1 is easily 2010's round of the year. Juanma is a southpaw version of his idol, Trinidad. He has dynamite in both hands, but his suspect chin makes him vulnerable. His fight with Marquez should be a classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
                Michael Spinks vs Yaqui Lopez, 10-18-80.
                The single, most exciting Michael Spinks fight ever. Lopez attacked him from the opening bell, stunning him a few times and taking an early lead. Lopez was one of the best fighters never to win a world title. He gave Saad Muhammad, Galindez and Spinks hell. This was right after his FOTY against Saad, and Spinks was still 8 months away from fighting Mustafa Muhammad for the WBA 175 pound title. After 6 rounds, I had Lopez ahead by winning 4 of the first 6 rounds. In the 7th, Spinks, who was known for his vaunted right, stunned Yaqui with a sensational left hook. Spinks was a great finisher, as he jumped on Lopez and finished him off. A must see fight for all followers of the 175 pound class.
                that was an exciting fight to watch. thanks for sharing!

Comment

• ha ,I am a newer,I have watched some boxing competition recetently,it's soooo exceting,who can tell me which boxer's game is the most exceting?

Comment

• Eder Jofre - Jose Medal I.

The more I watch Jofre the more I'm impressed by him, he is usually a slow starter but in this fight he was ready from the get go, this fight is a great war and a must watch for anyone especially as it's one of the few fights that were actually filmed of Jofre in his prime. One of the best boxers I've ever seen, he had everything and it really shown in this fight, tremendous show of heart and grit from both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
                      JUANMA vs Concepcion.
                      Round 1 is easily 2010's round of the year.

You see Rocky Martinez-Gonzalo Munguia,man?

Round three was incredible.

Comment

Working...
                      X