No announcement yet.

whitaker-JCC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whitaker-JCC

i know a majority here thinks the draw verdict in their only fight was unjust...

it was obvious from the get-go that sweet pea was a bad style match-up for JCC...

but really, i want to know from u guys, who has had the greater resume/accomplishment between these two ATGs? who deserves a higher ranking in P4P all time list?

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
    i know a majority here thinks the draw verdict in their only fight was unjust...

it was obvious from the get-go that sweet pea was a bad style match-up for JCC...

but really, i want to know from u guys, who has had the greater resume/accomplishment between these two ATGs? who deserves a higher ranking in P4P all time list?
    Their resumes are pretty close, but I rank Whitaker slightly higher myself. It very rare we get to see two prime all time greats in or close to the same division fight for supremacy. Whitaker proved his supremacy hands down in my opinion and was the more skilled, though I enjoyed watcing Chavez 10x more.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Their resumes are pretty close, but I rank Whitaker slightly higher myself. It very rare we get to see two prime all time greats in or close to the same division fight for supremacy. Whitaker proved his supremacy hands down in my opinion and was the more skilled, though I enjoyed watcing Chavez 10x more.
      hey jabbie...

tnx for replying man... pacquiao-marquez i think deserves to be put on the same sentence with pea-jcc...

cliff rold wrote here once that pea almost became the first 4 weight lineal champion... this plus his dominance @ 135 should be enuf to put him higher than jcc i think...

however, i also think that pea ruling a single division for a long time rather than him scaling the weight classes was his ticket to all time greatness IMO...

Comment

Does anyone else actually think Chavez had gone a bit to ****e by then or is it just me? He was still very good and I think Pea would have beaten him in his 'prime' years before, but just for the sake of argument, who really thinks he was at his best?

This is not to take anything away from Whitaker at all. He is one of my favourite fighters without question. Nonetheless......?

Comment

I would have Whitaker ahead in all time greatness. Only just do.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Does anyone else actually think Chavez had gone a bit to ****e by then or is it just me? He was still very good and I think Pea would have beaten him in his 'prime' years before, but just for the sake of argument, who really thinks he was at his best?

This is not to take anything away from Whitaker at all. He is one of my favourite fighters without question. Nonetheless......?
            You are indeed true, Julio Cesar Chavez was belived to be past his best the time the Whitaker fight occured in 1993. I say he was past his best when the Whitaker fight occured, he was also belived to be a touch past his prime the time the Meldrick Taylor fight occured in 1990 by many observers.

Very hard to belive but true.

Comment

Working...
            X