No announcement yet.

Mosley vs. Mora Being Discussed For Sept. 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosley vs. Mora Being Discussed For Sept. 18

Heard that a fight between Shane Mosley and Sergio Mora at the Staples Center on September 18th is being discussed by Golden Boy Promotions. But either way, there will be dueling shows on that date, with Showtime reserving a spot for a possible “JuanMa” Lopez-Rafael Marquez fight... http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-lead/a-day-up-north

One question... Why?

Mosley should only be fighting meaningful fights or fights where he can make the most money until the end of his career.

This fight doesn't fit in either category.

Mosley vs. Martinez/Williams/Cotto/Pacquiao (maybe another Margarito beatdown) or retirement.

Comment

Wow. All of sudden Mora is quite active. Before his fight in April I was unaware that he was still a professional boxer. Now he could be fighting a tune up in late July and then September.

Strange fight.

Comment

They wont fight.

Comment

Mosley would spark him out.

Comment

never gonna happen.

Comment

I doubt it.Mosely has nothing to gain fighting mora.Berto vs mosely or
              maybe mosely vs williams are fights i wanna see.

Comment

Mosley should fight Angulo or Cintron.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpentier View Post
                  Wow. All of sudden Mora is quite active. Before his fight in April I was unaware that he was still a professional boxer. Now he could be fighting a tune up in late July and then September.

Strange fight.
                  It is pretty strange. Other than the fact that they're both with GBP, it doesn't make any sense for Mosly, which is why I think it won't happen.

Mora was dealing with injury and promotional issues. He could possibly beat Mosley at this stage though. Mora is tough style matchup, I would try to throw him in against a European style fighter.

Comment

Nonsense fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X