Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Could Fight Granados Next Instead of Felix Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    His demands are the same as Molina got. BoMac said the reason they picked Molina last year is because he's taylor made for Crawfrd and he came cheap. I posted the video and I saw a lot of people giving Crawford a pass.

Mikey aint moving up for at least a year. He has two big fights at 135. The Linares/Crolla winner and Easter Jr/Shafikov winner.

Crawford said he wants to become undisputed at 140. Fighting Molina and Granados doesn't accomplish that goal. If he's not going to fight for a belt he shouldn't be fighting a guy coming off a loss.
    He already beat Burns and the fight was one sided and uneventful. Just because he has a belt doesn't make it a meaningful fight.

Nobody knows who Diaz is and his best win is over a prospect. Of course he doesn't deserve as much as Molina.

There are no good fights out there right now. He beat the #1 guy. Now it's just a waiting game until a new hot contender emerges.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      Diaz asking for too much money or something?

Oh well give Granados his shot. He got dicked around with the Broner situation. Would love to see him get a fair chance.
      Diaz went to the Andre Ward school of negotiation, maybe?

Comment

I'm a Crawford fan but I'll give Terrance the same treatment I give Gennady, or anyone else; if your division sucks, and/or you can't get the fights you want, go to another weight class.

Comment

He already beat Burns and the fight was one sided and uneventful. Just because he has a belt doesn't make it a meaningful fight.

Nobody knows who Diaz is and his best win is over a prospect. Of course he doesn't deserve as much as Molina.

There are no good fights out there right now. He beat the #1 guy. Now it's just a waiting game until a new hot contender emerges.
          Once again. BoMac said one of the reasons they choose Molina was because he came cheap. Diaz wants the same amount. So doesn't that mean he's coming cheap too? You know who probably would've came cheap too? Indongo

The Burns fight is meaningful because Crawford said he wants to become undisputed at 140. Maybe I'm the fool for believing what these guys say.

If he's not trying to become undisputed at 140 why is he still there? To fight Lundy, Molina, and Granados? Whats the end game?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I'm a Crawford fan but I'll give Terrance the same treatment I give Gennady, or anyone else; if your division sucks, and/or you can't get the fights you want, go to another weight class.
            The difference is TC has already moved up.

GGG has not.

Come on now.

Comment

If Crawford is so good, why is he matched so softly? Crawford has no business fighting Broner's left overs.

Comment

Diaz asking for too much money or something?

Oh well give Granados his shot. He got dicked around with the Broner situation. Would love to see him get a fair chance.
                Originally posted by SensFullViolenc View Post
                Bud's career has stalled enough. Granados is a tough dude -- and he deserves a payday as he fought on even terms with Broner

But this fight would be nothing, pointless. Slightly better than Molina.

Do the Diaz fight
                Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                I guess Diaz is pricing himself out. I don't mind Granados as a backup plan, but I much rather see Diaz.
                Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                lol..hell naw..
                Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                Yeah Grandos now has 5 losses on his record, Diaz has one and it was very questionable against a two weight world champion Lamont Peterson
                Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
                Crawford entire division is trash, it's arguably one of the weakest divisions out of them all.

The reason I think this is because Ricky Burns could become a unified champion, need I say more?
                Originally posted by BoxAztinca View Post
                Crawford is the best at 140. Not even close. They offered Diaz 300k which is fair, considering no one knows who Felix Diaz is. Crawford has a couple more years at junior welterweight before he should move up. Until then, just enjoy the kid's greatness.
                Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                I thought Dibella was already making progress with Arum regarding the Diaz/Crawford fight. Who's hampering this fight? Certainly not Felix.
                Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                Don't call the guy a ducker.

TC doesn't deserve that.
                Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                Diaz went to the Andre Ward school of negotiation, maybe?
                Diaz speaks

"I want to put this out there, I have not in any way turned down the fight or any offer that has been made to me," Diaz (19-1, 9KOs) told FightNights.com. "The fight is still being negotiated and any stories that I've turned it down are BULLSHIT - put it in capital letters to know I'm saying loud it's BULLSHIT.

"I basically signed a blank check to fight this guy last year," Diaz said, wanting the fight regardless of the payday that came with it. "There wasn't even a dollar amount to accept. They skipped right over me and went after someone they could beat on."

"DiBella raised concern that there was more money to be made for this fight than what was offered," Diaz reveals. "He would like to get $375,000 for the fight - $50,000 more which is very fair. But I - through my manager Jose Nunez - made it clear in no uncertain terms that my team has orders to make the Crawford fight happen."

"The plan is to replace me with a guy who is not just coming off of a lose to Broner, but who I already beat," points out Diaz, referring to his Nov. '14 points win over the career-long gatekeeper. "All due respect to Granados, he fought his heart out, and yeah of course he wants the paydays. But I beat him, I have Olympic pedigree and I'm the best option that Terence Crawford has right now.

"I can't repeat this enough; I want this fight," Diaz reiterates. "I know the offer that was made to us. I want this fight, I have not rejected any offer and I am ready to go, whether it's May 20 or any other date.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Once again. BoMac said one of the reasons they choose Molina was because he came cheap. Diaz wants the same amount. So doesn't that mean he's coming cheap too? You know who probably would've came cheap too? Indongo

The Burns fight is meaningful because Crawford said he wants to become undisputed at 140. Maybe I'm the fool for believing what these guys say.

If he's not trying to become undisputed at 140 why is he still there? To fight Lundy, Molina, and Granados? Whats the end game?
                  It's where he holds the belts and the bargaining power. He beat Postol to unify titles and become lineal champion in his second weight class. Now it's up to these other guys to fight each other to establish a new #1 contender at 140.

As long as he fights a top 10 guy I'm good and Granados is there on both Ring and TBRB lists. You can't clean out a division by skipping contenders.

Comment

It's where he holds the belts and the bargaining power. He beat Postol to unify titles and become lineal champion in his second weight class. Now it's up to these other guys to fight each other to establish a new #1 contender at 140.

As long as he fights a top 10 guy I'm good and Granados is there on both Ring and TBRB lists. You can't clean out a division by skipping contenders.
                    So you don't want to see him fight the best? You sound like a GGG fan. The division is trash so I don't care about the rankings. Easter Jr, Linares, and Garcia can move up and instantly become the 2,3,and 4 guys in the division. They'd be favored or Burns and Indongo. That's how you know the division is trash.

Comment

Crawford can't make 135, and can't move up to 147, because he would get exposed.

Comment

Working...
                      X