Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should AJ also demand 15 x his best payday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    The offer was not "take it or leave it", and there was no 48 hour deadline. AJ confirmed that on an IFL interview on the 12th, and Shelly Finkel also confirmed this yesterday. I can provide both links if required but I'm sure you can find them yourself.

A lot of BS being spoken, lots of miscommunication. The only people who are showing any assemblance of a cool head are Joshua and Hearn.

by offering a flat fee for the biggest fightt in boxing?

hoyl **** dude joseph f#cking parker got a split [and a very good sized one!] and you think eddie and joshua are being cool headed by offering wilder a flat fee? what does that even mean in this context? let's establish the context, then; this is the biggest fight in boxing! historically those fights have had a purse split! those goes back to before you and i were even alive! it's a cool headed offer in spite of the fact that it is totally out of line for any historic precedent set in big fights, and line with flat fee offers, which are almost unheard of in the biggest fight of the year?

are you sure you think that way?

and i do want you to produce the links you are describing, i don't have time to dig around this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      by offering a flat fee for the biggest fightt in boxing?

hoyl **** dude joseph f#cking parker got a split [and a very good sized one!] and you think eddie and joshua are being cool headed by offering wilder a flat fee? what does that even mean in this context? let's establish the context, then; this is the biggest fight in boxing! historically those fights have had a purse split! those goes back to before you and i were even alive! it's a cool headed offer in spite of the fact that it is totally out of line for any historic precedent set in big fights, and line with flat fee offers, which are almost unheard of in the biggest fight of the year?

are you sure you think that way?

and i do want you to produce the links you are describing, i don't have time to dig around this afternoon.
      Lazy Kunt (Hound voice).

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...-next-48-hours

https://youtu.be/YSiPh7sTQfg

Can't embed on my phone.

Ok so basically I think the moral of the story is get facts before you start talking. Especially considering you have "media credentials" lol.

I think your post is very excitable, so something has rubbed you the wrong way. I think the flat fee is a starting point for negotiations, just like the Parker fight, these guys are unrealistic with their expectations, so it's Hearn's job on behalf of Joshua to lower those expectations. The first offer to Parker was "insulting" according to David Higgins.

I don't think $12.5 million is insulting, I think the notion of the flat fee maybe is. If Wilder and his team are serious, and realistic, a deal will be reached, you can tell AJ wants it from that interview. But I don't think they will bend over backwards for Wilder. Let's see what Finkel's counter offer looks like, from the sounds of it, he is already willing to concede over 60% to Joshua based on that Sky interview.

My feeling is that eventually Joshua will offer something between 30-35% and it will be up to Wilder whether he wants to take it. For the record, I don't think the purse as a % will be too far from the $12.5, probably another $3-4 million, but obviously we don't know what the numbers will be.

Wilder's right to hold out for a percentage, this fight could go beyond expectations in terms of revenue, similar to GGG-Canelo. At the same time, Matchroom and Joshua are also right to test the waters, and yes currently they are the coolest heads in the room, mind you that isn't hard, they are in a strong negotiating position, and they know it.

Last edited by sunny31; 04-13-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

AJ, Hearn and his fans are not allowed to worry about money or be accountants. Only Wilder and his welfare hand out squadron of fans can do that.

Like I said, do people not think Joshua wants to maximise his earnings just like Wilder does??

You can't compare it to the Parker situation because Joshua now has 3 belts heading into this fight, so even if he gave Parker 33% it doesn't mean he will do the same for Wilder, he overpaid Parker to get into a position of power against Wilder. Listening to interviews you can tell Joshua genuinely does not like Wilder and does not respect his drawing power so don't expect any generosity in negotiations. The flat fee won't be accepted but it was designed as a standing point to let Wilder know he's not dictating anything. The fight will get made somewhere around 70/30 by the looks of it. If Wilder is serious and not trying to cash out then he'll accept that.

Comment

Untill wilder and his team become reasonable then i dont care when this fight happens now.
          the purse is 6x his highest purse which shows just how much drawing power wilder has without an AJ fight.
          Joshua holds all the aces its that simple

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            dude joseph parker got 33%!

wilder is not going to take a flat offer with no date, no guarantee that the fight was even next, no venue, and 48 hours to agree to terms that aren't even spelled out! that offer is designed to not make the fight. surely you have to understand that and aren't this naive.
            You're just as bad as the moron's quoting false numbers and deadlines.

They have a 30 day deadline to make the fight before the mandatory is forced. There is no "take it or leave it" offer. The fight will be in September at Wembley........

So much fake news on here, and you're a contributor.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              AJ, Hearn and his fans are not allowed to worry about money or be accountants. Only Wilder and his welfare hand out squadron of fans can do that.

Like I said, do people not think Joshua wants to maximise his earnings just like Wilder does??

You can't compare it to the Parker situation because Joshua now has 3 belts heading into this fight, so even if he gave Parker 33% it doesn't mean he will do the same for Wilder, he overpaid Parker to get into a position of power against Wilder. Listening to interviews you can tell Joshua genuinely does not like Wilder and does not respect his drawing power so don't expect any generosity in negotiations. The flat fee won't be accepted but it was designed as a standing point to let Wilder know he's not dictating anything. The fight will get made somewhere around 70/30 by the looks of it. If Wilder is serious and not trying to cash out then he'll accept that.
              And here, we can see, a rational human in the wild....

Comment

Working...
              X