No announcement yet.

Which rivalry was better: Pacquiao/Marquez or Barrera/Morales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
    This guy didn't watch the Morales/Barrera trilogy.

hey when is you feather fisted weak ass feathweight fighting again soon i recall against a bum maybe to look good lol he fight gary russell he gonna get lit and i pull for the mexicanos but you made an exception for cruz

Comment

Originally posted by puro dinamita View Post
      pac marquez there was real competition the other fight was brainless fighting
      You won't find a bigger Marquez fan than me around here and though I was not a huge Morales or Barrera fan to suggest it was brainless is wrong.

It was great high skilled warfare fought on almost level terms. I do think Marquez-Pacquaio was better because the contrast in styles and higher levels of drama but the sustained action was great in Morales-Barrera. Both fighters were so similar in strengths and weakness compared to Marquez-Pacquaio.

I think the scoring was rotten in both series. The first two Barrera-Morales were wrong and I think the first three were wrong in Marquez-Pacquaio.

Comment

hey when is you feather fisted weak ass feathweight fighting again soon i recall against a bum maybe to look good lol he fight gary russell he gonna get lit and i pull for the mexicanos but you made an exception for cruz

Barrera/Morales > Pac/Marquez bro deal with it.

And Watch that 2nd fight when you get a chance, "brainless fighting" lol

Comment

The second fight was boring though. Marquez-Pacquaio III was better viewing despite Marquez being more dominant (than either guy was in Morales-Barrera II).

I don't think Barrera was all that fun to watch when in full boxer mode. Marquez' technique and style always looked much prettier than Barrera's.

Comment

lil boy i seen all 3 and believe me they are not as great as you all make them to seem the first is and will always be the best fight swing wild cause they mad at each other that's why i call it brainless they not thinking they just throwing punches in the second fight barrera and morales were different fighhters

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              You won't find a bigger Marquez fan than me around here and though I was not a huge Morales or Barrera fan to suggest it was brainless is wrong.

It was great high skilled warfare fought on almost level terms. I do think Marquez-Pacquaio was better because the contrast in styles and higher levels of drama but the sustained action was great in Morales-Barrera. Both fighters were so similar in strengths and weakness compared to Marquez-Pacquaio.

I think the scoring was rotten in both series. The first two Barrera-Morales were wrong and I think the first three were wrong in Marquez-Pacquaio.
              Glad i hear theirs another marquez fan hell yea bro but to you comment i feel like it was brainless fighting in the first one because of the animosity towards each other they were not thinking they were just throwing wild second and 3rd fight it was boring boxing matches cause they let all that anger out in the first fight first is the greatest fight out of all
              Last edited by puro dinamita; 11-14-2018, 12:48 PM. Reason: fixing mistakes on spelling

Comment

when you gonna and my question about your feather fisted trrash of champion santa cruz lmao

Comment

barrera - morales.

pacquiao - marquez fights had lulls. barrera - morales was basically all action from bell to bell, especially that first fight.

Comment

Glad i hear theirs another marquez fan hell yea bro but to you comment i feel like it was brainless fighting in the first one because of the animosity towards each other they were not thinking they were just throwing wild second and 3rd fight it was boring boxing matches cause they let all that anger out in the first fight first is the greatest fight out of all
                    The third fight was great in my opinion. Barrera was beating him easily until Morales put his foot down. I think the first was skilled because both are instinctively skilled fighters so the punching style and technique was so good and the thinking so fast.

Yeah, I been a Marquez fan since the mid 90s. I remember I was like the only Marquez fans on forums way back. I was very fortunate to have been to all his fights starting from 2007 vs. Barrera onwards some from ringside. I also got to hang out with him before the Diaz fight in Houston and saw him in Romanza gym before Pacquaio II. He was incredible up that close clearly a cut above any other fighter I’ve seen in the gym and a really cool guy. Totally down to earth and respectful to everybody.

Comment

Yeah, I been a Marquez fan since the mid 90s. I remember I was like the only Marquez fans on forums way back. I was very fortunate to have been to all his fights starting from 2007 vs. Barrera onwards some from ringside. I also got to hang out with him before the Diaz fight in Houston and saw him in Romanza gym before Pacquaio II. He was incredible up that close clearly a cut above any other fighter I’ve seen in the gym and a really cool guy. Totally down to earth and respectful to everybody.[/QUOTE]

Damn man i been a fan of him since his debut myself but never got to meet or see any of his fights man you so damn lucky bro damn i can only imagine how awesome that was it pisses alot people off when i say J.M.M is my fav of all time but idgaf so was ricardo lopez

Comment

Working...
                      X