Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Mikey Garcia Eyed For March 16, AT&T Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    Errol is bigger, better & stronger than l0m0 so where is your dumb talk coming from you or your boss??
    Bro Spence is bigger than Loma yes, but he is not a better boxer than Loma .

I f#uck with Spence heavy. Probably my favourite fighter now bar none. However is he more skilled than Loma or Crawford? No but would he beat Crawford? He stops him in my humble opinion( ok bragadocious opinion)

Comment

This fight will flop horribly. Canelo sold 50,000 tickets vs Smith at Cowboys Stadium, Pacquiao did 40,000 vs Margarito. Garcia and Spence aren't even close to being as popular. They will have to price these tickets extremely cheaply to sell anything. Mikey will get his face broke though which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
        They should've both taken an interim fight, then fought late 2019. Going to be harder to sell PPV after wilder-fury and pac-broner in December and January, rather than them fighting around September when there's no other PPV fight fight since canelo isnnow with DAZN
        From the Pacquiao-Broner PPV till this proposed date in March, you have two months to build the event.

With Top Rank not having a PPV fight to stage, DAZN still not having wide adoption, at least 6 PBC-affiliated fight dates to talk up the fight after Pacquiao-Broner, and the extra shoulder programming for FOX, Spence-Garcia should do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Over 40K IMO
          That would be great. Spence getting built up properly in his hometown now. And Garcia has a solid fan base in Texas as well.

Now for this fight, hopefully the UC is much stronger than the one we are getting for Wilder/Fury. I can't imagine both guys here demanding that type of money.

Also makes sense not to do a PPV in back to back to back months.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            This fight will flop horribly. Canelo sold 50,000 tickets vs Smith at Cowboys Stadium, Pacquiao did 40,000 vs Margarito. Garcia and Spence aren't even close to being as popular. They will have to price these tickets extremely cheaply to sell anything. Mikey will get his face broke though which is nice.
            Spence just did 14k+ vs O'Campo. The ticket prices for any stadium fight are obviously going to be cheaper than arena fights, that's nothing groundbreaking or anything. I'm putting the over/under at 40k. I don't agree that it "easily" does more than that. May even do less than that, but think in that range. Pacman did do 41k vs Margarito and over 50k vs Clottey I believe. And as you mentioned Canelo did over 50k vs Smith. Are Canelo and Pacman bigger names than Spence? Of course, but Spence is the hometown kid who is growing his fan base nicely there and Garcia has a good name and good following in Texas. That will lead to the fight doing better than you think IMO.

The question is how many PPV buys it does? That is the better question because I'm not sure it does 200-250k buys.

Comment

Errol is bigger, better & stronger than l0m0 so where is your dumb talk coming from you or your boss??
              how do you know he is better? his resume doesnt show it....

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Spence just did 14k+ vs O'Campo. The ticket prices for any stadium fight are obviously going to be cheaper than arena fights, that's nothing groundbreaking or anything. I'm putting the over/under at 40k. I don't agree that it "easily" does more than that. May even do less than that, but think in that range. Pacman did do 41k vs Margarito and over 50k vs Clottey I believe. And as you mentioned Canelo did over 50k vs Smith. Are Canelo and Pacman bigger names than Spence? Of course, but Spence is the hometown kid who is growing his fan base nicely there and Garcia has a good name and good following in Texas. That will lead to the fight doing better than you think IMO.

The question is how many PPV buys it does? That is the better question because I'm not sure it does 200-250k buys.
                PPV wise I doubt it does more than 200K. Ward Kovalev couldn't' break 200K that and that fight was 50-50 and all boxing fans wanted to see it. This fight is like 80-20 in Spence's favor. From the reactions that i've seen to this fight plenty of people consider it to be a mismatch.

Comment

Tards ^ stick together
                  Talking about yourself? lol
                  You’re a mentally ill fanboy around here.

Comment

Tards ^ stick together
                    And please tell us your points then? And which ones from what we’ve said you disagree with?

Loma-mikey will mean more after spence batters mikey’s ass?

Can’t you at least reply as a mature individual? Or you’re ten?

Comment

I’ll be there.

Comment

Working...
                      X