Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LA Times Article: Smooth sailing toward a Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
    Not interested. Hope Floyd was trolling

I agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      It’d be historically insignificant if Floyd wins again. But what if he loses? looool. I know it wouldn’t weigh anywhere near as much as beating him in his prime but it’d still be a dirt in his resume. Still enough to put him on suicide watch imo
      Floyd will not lose to Manny so don't get all excited, although I suppose wishful thinking is all you got so I can see where youre coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        Floyd will not lose to Manny so don't get all excited, although I suppose wishful thinking is all you got so I can see where youre coming from.
        If this fight gets made, it will be somewhere like in Dubai, gonna take sheikh money because I can't see any big bank types here in murica paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          When did I say I’m excited. Even if he fights crawford or spence next I don’t want him to lose, it’d just be stupid at this point. Anyone who wins over him is undeserving even if it’s Pacquiao given the circumstances.
          Who wants an undefeated ATG to suddenly suffer defeat not because they’re better than him but just because he old and has not had a real fight for 3 years.
          Don’t include me with your fanboyism mentallity, that’s how your brain works that’s why your quick to suspect one lol.

I wanted the fight in 2009-2011. First one was too late.
          And this one even more so.

That’s is why the question is “what if”.
          Last edited by dibzvincent143; 09-18-2018, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I just heard an Arum interview saying you can't put a PPV on the 1st cuz there are some big football games that day/night. And he said you can't put a PPV on the 8th cuz of the UFC.

Idk sh^t about football, but the 8th being a non-PPV date cuz of the UFC card is bs. There isn't a fight that is even a shadow on Manny's balls yet & the one main card fight of note on it is a fight that got canceled once already last time they tried to have it.

So if it happens I agree with Pugmire's guy that the 8th seems very doable (8 on a 1-10 scale) despite what Arum is saying.

Still gonna be f#cking weird if this is a thing.

And also whats the impact of Wilder vs Fury happening in December on PPV if Floyd vs Manny 2 happens on Dec. 8? Or is there any chance in hell they got the money to combine these fights on one PPV?
            I cant stand when boxing ppl say 'we cant on this day because of football etc etc' and then cant dueing off season because its too hot in vegas lol. BS excuses. The old guard needs to die off and the new needs to come in and treat boxing as an independent entity and build it so the other sports have to worry more about big fight nights and not the other way around. Fook football and fook UFC. Im a boxing fan only and want my sport to act with dignity and balls haha.

Comment

Meh. A win over Floyd at this point is not worth chit.

People just want to see him lose and Floyd exploits that. One of the reasons why he's such a great promoter (of his fights)

Still an interesting fight. Even a draw would surprise me and we might see a trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
                Meh. A win over Floyd at this point is not worth chit.

People just want to see him lose and Floyd exploits that. One of the reasons why he's such a great promoter (of his fights)

Still an interesting fight. Even a draw would surprise me and we might see a trilogy.
                Or does it expose the weakness of the current crop of WW? (or are Mayweather and Pacquaio) just that good, if both of them can still hang with the young lions?

Comment

Wtf was Sean Gibbons doing in Japan? He mostly manages fighters from Mexico and usually is affiliated with Zanfer... Now he parlaying with Manny and Floyd, idk what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    I believe Mayweather was joking and Pacquiao has taken it too serious. Mayweather looks finished and much past his prime than Pacquiao. Be surprised if Mayweather is 25% as good as he was.
                    Yeah he's looked like crap, his last good performance was Canelo

Comment

Wow, if Pugmire is reporting it then I have to believe it's true. Floyd is a ****ing fraud. He promised Al to his face he would never fight again, finishes with a clean and perfect 50-0 and now he is pulling this sham fight because he begs for the spotlight.

Comment

Working...
                      X