Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: 'I Won That Fight' After Watching Porter Replay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robyn Banz View Post
    Who cares neither one of you can beat the top 3 guys in the division anyway
    there would be no point in boxing if everybody thought like this

Comment

Danny is paying the price for some very mediocre performances earlier in his career where he got close decisions in his favor. Now at 147 close fights are very similar in terms of his performance but he is not getting the decision.

So, you reap what you sow.

Comment

I thought Garcia did enough to win the fight but was close and could not say robbery. It was the same with Herrera and Peterson fight which happen to go in his favour.
        Danny is a good fighter and should not be over looked. Still has a lot left in him.

Comment

He clearly lost to Herrera. One of the worst robberies in the sport

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
            I agree with Danny, I thought he won 7 rounds.
            I actually scored it for Garcia by 1 point as well, but I did expect the judges to score it differently.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              After I rewatched the fight I couldn't give Danny more than six rounds. The fight was closer because of two things. One was because Shawn strategically came out and boxed off the back foot while spotting Garcia the first three rounds in the process. Essentially he wasn't fighting like Shawn Porter.

Lastly, rounds 10 and 12 were swing rounds which could have gone either way or could have been scored draws. If two of the judges were to give Danny both of those rounds then we would had a draw. Or if one of the three judges would have scored both those rounds for Shawn Porter then the score would have read 116-112 for Showtime.

However, if two of the three judges would have scored at least one of those rounds for Shawn Porter and the other for Danny Garcia, then we would have had a 115-113 score for Porter which we did. Or had two of those judges would have scored at least one of those pivotal rounds for Porter and the other even then we would have had a score of 115-114 for porter.

Likewise, if at least two of those judges would have scored both those rounds even then we would have had a score of 116-114 for Porter.

When all is said and done; When you break it down, Shawn won this fight hands down. It was a very close but clear victory in his favor.
              Your post sort of contradicts itself. It wasn't a clear, hands-down win for anybody. It was a close, difficult fight to score. You could have ten knowledgeable fans see it completely different. Even the judges agreed on only four rounds. As far as so-called "pivotal rounds" go, every round counts the same.

Comment

I had danny winning if not I had it a draw, Danny was hitting him hard on top of his head and to the body.. alot shots look like they landed on Danny when they didn't when they replayed it after the rounds... Boxing needs new judges or X champions as judges you got guys who never even been a fist fight or a shove match judging fights ruining the sport. I do think he needs to work on a few things in a couple tune up bouts, along with shawn porter before spence stops him in there fight whenever it happens....

Comment

i dont think he won though

Comment

Originally posted by boxing90 View Post
                    I had danny winning if not I had it a draw, Danny was hitting him hard on top of his head and to the body.. alot shots look like they landed on Danny when they didn't when they replayed it after the rounds... Boxing needs new judges or X champions as judges you got guys who never even been a fist fight or a shove match judging fights ruining the sport. I do think he needs to work on a few things in a couple tune up bouts, along with shawn porter before spence stops him in there fight whenever it happens....
                    i guess it was competitive

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                      Your post sort of contradicts itself. It wasn't a clear, hands-down win for anybody. It was a close, difficult fight to score. You could have ten knowledgeable fans see it completely different. Even the judges agreed on only four rounds. As far as so-called "pivotal rounds" go, every round counts the same.
                      i agree man

Comment

Working...
                      X