Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury on Wilder: Ortiz Was Good Win - But He's Foreman's Age!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury's doing his part.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonduu View Post
      Fury and Beyonce can't stop mentioning AJ's name, getting boring now.
      Feel free to ignore them. You can post in all those great threads about Joshua vs. Povetkin that are flooding the site since everybody is so excited about that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
        “Did Klitschko’s chin ever reach it’s prime.” LOL, good line.

Fair points but one flaw (that I can think of) with what you’re saying when asking who has fought the most fighters in their primes. If the fighters in question suck - and I mean SUUUUCK - what good is being in their prime?

Let me use this as an example: Joseph Parker’s a boxer that divides opinion here. I rate him to a degree. Most don’t. AJ and Whyte have both taken him down in his prime. But if he’s turd, how big a deal is it that he was in prime?
        You can argue that Wilder has taken down many a fighter in their prime, but if their prime level is mediocre, so what?
        You have no idea or a clue whats considered good at HW : I don't have time to break down the individual resumes of the names I shared with you all but, we are talking about legitimate contenders -- ranked top tens and top fives, world-title challengers ; and former world champions in the 'Bronze-Bombers' resume.
        Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
        Gotta give it to you 1hour, you know how to bait. Prime Audley Harrison lololol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        Goldmedalist, British-Champion, Two-time 'Prize-fighter' tournament winner, European-champion, world title contender AUDLEY F*KING HARRISON!

You guys had a hard-on for David Price, did he ever win the European title? Has Hughie Fury won the European title?! I can keep naming the bums you guys hyped and yet not one comes close to what Audley has accomplished in the sport of boxing!
        Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
        Hey man, its obvious none of these Fury fanboys are going to provide you with any names because other then the Vlad win, there is nothing to really brag about...
        This is the best reply. Thank you maple.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          You have no idea or a clue whats considered good at HW : I don't have time to break down the individual resumes of the names I shared with you all but, we are talking about legitimate contenders -- ranked top tens and top fives, world-title challengers ; and former world champions in the 'Bronze-Bombers' resume.

Goldmedalist, British-Champion, Two-time 'Prize-fighter' tournament winner, European-champion, world title contender AUDLEY F*KING HARRISON!

You guys had a hard-on for David Price, did he ever win the European title? Has Hughie Fury won the European title?! I can keep naming the bums you guys hyped and yet not one comes close to what Audley has accomplished in the sport of boxing!

Haha ok Iqbal, you keep bigging up David Price, the rest of us will carry on laughing at you.

Comment

When you compare how many primed fighters Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber' Wilder has deomolished compared to Tyson Fury's list of primed opponents theres only one name that I can acknowledge as worthy ( Christian Hammer ), weigh Christian Hammer to : Kelvin Price, Audley Harrison, Malik Scott, Bermane Stiverne, Eric Molina, Johann Duhaupas, Artur Szpilka, Gerald Washington, and you must accept that Deontays resume is clearly superior.

This comment from Fury is only something a hater would say, considering Wladimir was practically the same age as Luis Ortiz, the difference is Wladimir was lucky to have Big-Bro clean up his messes after little bro got his jaw-shattered. Luis Ortiz would of been champion if he too had a body-guard.
            There you went too far. The only mess big bro cleaned up for Wlad is Sanders.
            Wlad avenged himself his loss to Brewster and cleaned up the division.

Wilder fought the best oppo he could.

Same for Fury, but I think you forget along with Hammer Chisora, Cunningham and Johnson, they aren't bad wins either, nothing great for sure.

I don't think Fury has a better record than D, Fury is living off his Klit wins.

Ortiz ain't that good IMO, he doesn't have any kind of footwork. Fury can do a lot better, he's much complete fighter, longer, better stamina.
            I just don't know if Fury is mentally ready for a fight, he never was in a fight versus pies like Pinata and Seferi.

A real boxer with power being 6.6/6.7 should beat Wilder.
            Wilder is too flawed.
            Lewis and Vitali would have sparked him clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Dle View Post
              Ok, King Kong’s an old monster but why do you think he was ondefeated and the most avoided heavyweight challenger? Even you avoided him.
              Lolx... If he was avoided, then who has he been fighting?
              Retired footballers?
              Uber drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                There you went too far. The only mess big bro cleaned up for Wlad is Sanders.
                Wlad avenged himself his loss to Brewster and cleaned up the division.
                Some of us remember that Vitali had to restore honor to the Klitschko name and avenge the shame of Ross Purritty.
                Wilder fought the best oppo he could.

Same for Fury, but I think you forget along with Hammer Chisora, Cunningham and Johnson, they aren't bad wins either, nothing great for sure.
                And these guys are on me about Audley Harrison? I bet they wont say nothing about this.

I don't think Fury has a better record than D, Fury is living off his Klit wins.

Ortiz ain't that good IMO, he doesn't have any kind of footwork. Fury can do a lot better, he's much complete fighter, longer, better stamina.
                I just don't know if Fury is mentally ready for a fight, he never was in a fight versus pies like Pinata and Seferi.
                Must ducked avoided HW after Deontay, Bryant Jennings was top ten and just went the distance with Wladimir when Luis Ortiz managed to do what a prime Mike Perez and Wladimir Klitschko could not, stop Jennings.

A real boxer with power being 6.6/6.7 should beat Wilder.
                Wilder is too flawed.
                Lewis and Vitali would have sparked him clean.
                You just described a PRIME Gerald Washington.

Comment

Some of us remember that Vitali had to restore honor to the Klitschko name and avenge the shame of Ross Purritty.

And these guys are on me about Audley Harrison? I bet they wont say nothing about this.

Must ducked avoided HW after Deontay, Bryant Jennings was top ten and just went the distance with Wladimir when Luis Ortiz managed to do what a prime Mike Perez and Wladimir Klitschko could not, stop Jennings.

You just described a PRIME Gerald Washington
                  Washington doesn't have the power, speed to be an elite fighter. It's just that Wilder made him look good.
                  Wilder's boxing fundamentals are just bad, plain and simple.
                  If Washington had any kind of power, he woulda destroyed Wilder.

Washington, jennings aren't really good HW and I don't care if A fighter stopped Jennings and B didn't.

Fury couldn't stop Pianeta, and Kevin Johnson stopped him, so I guess Johnson is at this point a better fighter than Fury?

Ortiz can punch, he's somehow tricky as a southpaw, that doesn't make him any kind of "great cuban technician", he never made it to the olympics and always in Odlanier Solis shadow.

He's kinda slow and doesn't have good reflexes or head movements.
                  That's pretty much obvious if you know your boxing. Yet, it was enough to go life and death with Wilder.
                  Last edited by BillyBoxing; 08-23-2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Hahahahahaha!

Comment

I feel a bit like Ray Liotta in goodfellas when his character finally realised that Joe Pesci was ****ing with him except it took me 3 days

Comment

Working...
                      X