No announcement yet.

Flexibility

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexibility

My flexibility sucks bad, mostly my lower body. So I've started putting in some dynamic warm ups and stretching before and after my workouts.

Example for before my workouts, I do some light plyometrics, high knees, things like that and after my workouts static stretches.

Is this what's needed for good flexibility?

if you just stretch for 25 minutes a day you will become extremely flexible in no time. I tried out a yoga class for once a week, but it was way too uncomfortable in more ways than one.

Comment

Ok, so basically for flexibility, stretching is the best right?

Comment

yeah, i used to train martial arts and we would just do 15-20 minutes of static stretching each day for warm up. I was younger so that was a factor, but i could get close to doing the splits and had a world of flexibility. I've lost that since then but I'm looking to get it back eventually.

Comment

Awesome, thanks. I really have to get back into it...

Comment

yea bro.. warm up a lil bit.. then stretch.. when i used to bdance i stretched a good 10-15 mins before and it really helps.. i used to laugh at people who couldnt touch there toes on a hammy stretch

Comment

Ok, thanks. I can touch my toes but I'm trying to palm my hands now (doing the hammy stretch standing up)

Comment

basically stretchin is the best i do it before and after rugby and it works wonders i wouldnt try anythin with weights to stretch

Comment

Originally posted by Coreano
                  if you just stretch for 25 minutes a day you will become extremely flexible in no time. I tried out a yoga class for once a week, but it was way too uncomfortable in more ways than one.

Are there chicks in Yoga class ?

You could strect as well as do some swimming and drunken movement boxing like Jacki Chan you dont have to do it as great as him but try to emulate

Comment

I do some static stretching such as touching my toes but I also find it useful to use exercises which combine stretching with other aspects of working out. For example I find Hindu pushups help with flexibility in the back and shoulders while also giving the strength producing benefits. Also I hold a medicine ball in front of me and swing it from side to side which helps my flexibility in the waist.

Comment

Working...
                    X