No announcement yet.

Bernie Sanders vs ted Cruz debate on CNN over Obamacare tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernie Sanders vs ted Cruz debate on CNN over Obamacare tonight

I'll either watch or DVR it. Anyone else planning on watching this?

"WASHINGTON, D.C.—Feb. 1, 2017— CNN anchor Jake Tapper and chief political correspondent Dana Bash will moderate a Town Hall Debate with Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders and Texas Senator Ted Cruz on the future of Obamacare at 9 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 7.

President Donald Trump has made repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act one of his top priorities while Congressional Democrats are opposed. Sanders, an opponent of repealing Obamacare, and Cruz, a supporter of the President’s healthcare agenda, will join Tapper and Bash to debate the fate of former President Barack Obama's signature legislation and the GOP’s approach to healthcare.

Sanders and Cruz, runners-up for their respective presidential party nominations, will also field questions from voters around the country at the Town Hall Debate, taking place at The George Washington University.

The 90-minute event will air on CNN, CNN en Español, CNN International, CNNgo, Westwood One Radio Network and on CNN Channel 116 on Sirius XM"

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/20...cruz-on-feb-7/

Sanders may actually make Cruz work a bit, considering he'll have the CNN moderators on his side.

They say Cruz is a beast at debate. At 90 minutes we're about to see what Bernie is all about.

Comment

This could be interesting. Idk if I'll have time but I'll try to catch it.

Comment

Originally posted by BΣRϟΣRKΣR View Post
        They say Cruz is a beast at debate. At 90 minutes we're about to see what Bernie is all about.
        I believe he was captain of the Harvard Debate team.

Alan Dershowitz, a huge liberal and excellent attorney, called Cruz 'off the charts brilliant'.

Like I said, the only chance Sanders has not to be completely embarrassed is the fact he'll have the CNN moderators on his side.

Remember, it was CNN who gave Hillary debate questions in advance before the debate. Common sense says Sanders will get the same treatment for tonight's debate.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

Alan Dershowitz, a huge liberal and excellent attorney, called Cruz 'off the charts brilliant'.

Like I said, the only chance Sanders has not to be completely embarrassed is the fact he'll have the CNN moderators on his side.

Remember, it was CNN who gave Hillary debate questions in advance before the debate. Common sense says Sanders will get the same treatment for tonight's debate.
          Very well informed post. I didn't know that about Dershowitz and Cruz.. Said he was one of the smartest students he ever had. Good stuff. I'll be watching tonight.

Comment

Bernie better watch out or Ted will trip his old ass. He's already been suspended for that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

None of that brilliance showed during the election.

Even his policy ideas werent exactly original or exciting.

I wonder what happened there.

There should be more policy debates like that, have the population regularly engaged in politics instead of turning up every 4 years pretending to be experts.
              Last edited by AllBoxingAD; 02-07-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

sanders is just going to be speaking in broad platitudes again cause he's a communist fool. i don't even trust him to operate a liquor store.

Comment

Damn. HW Title bout.

I'm in class but you guys gotta keep me posted on the details. I've got $1400 on Cruz by late TKO.

Comment

Cruz is a slimeball; Sanders is a commie. **** em both.

Comment

Working...
                    X