No announcement yet.

I've changed my opinion on the Andre Ward fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Hound View Post
    I think this is going to be a common conception of the rematch however... people overlook a lot of things about Kovalev because he is a big puncher.. he went in with a game plan and followed it through to the end he'll be rewatching this fight and still picking up on wards mistakes he made and try to adapt on the mistakes he made himself ... Kovalev was in this fight not just because of his power.. he has an exceptional boxing brain to be able to set those kind of punches up

we would never have seen ward taking so much damage whether it was the start of the fight or not,,kovalevs accuracy was exceptional ...even elite fighters in carl froch and mikkel kessler coulds string their much weaker unches and land combinations on ward ,,kovalev is fast on his feet in a forward motion
    as tho ward wont do the same thing wards timing towards end wasnt strictly cause kov was tired

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      if he does that tho and doesnt get ward out there he will be gassed by round 3 thats the thing
      He'd probably rather his chances being gassed than an oakland scorecard haha

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        as tho ward wont do the same thing wards timing towards end wasnt strictly cause kov was tired
        Thats true i dont question that,its just the obvious conception and i thought it myself is that a fighter like Ward will have already figured out a fighter so the rematch would be easier like with some mayweather rematches like maidana and castillo for example

he worked them out in the first fight and the rematch was easier work from round 1....

however all im saying is that Kovalev is a different calibre fighter than just a power puncher than loses to pure boxer...

kovalev will have many new tricks up his sleeve,he knows he wont get away with just a repeat regardless if many saw him winning

Comment

I believe wards landed percentage was far higher you don't score punches that don't land. Judges score defence as well

Comment

Originally posted by hotep git low View Post
            when u on top they cant stant it,,, andre goin home have his girl shave her booty and suk on that thanggg all niTE! that thang so oiled up n git so low gonna git draggt across the floor ,, leave a slime trail ,,,, have at it my man u put on a clinnick. he remint me of ali , prime , ko volev too stiff. we here..
            loooooooooooool

Comment

Working...
            X