Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A Harder Fight Than Floyd Mayweather's Last 10 Opponents" - Prince Naseem Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F!x View Post

Prince Naseem Hamed talking about Amir Khan. Hamed believes Khan is a harder fight than Mayweather's last 10 opponents and this may explain why "Floyd has been avoiding Khan" (in Hamed's words). Hamed asserts that Khan beat Maidana easier than Floyd was able to and that Floyd is aware of Khan's style presenting a truly legitimate threat to him.
    Hamed was a good fighter but he isnt telling the truth here.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
      Khan already beat three of Mayweather's former opponents - Maidana, Judah as a pro and Ortiz as an amateur with more ease and more impressively than Floyd was able to. He stopped Ortiz in 2 rounds wearing headgear in the amateurs.

Khan dominated Alexander more impressively than Bradley and Porter were able to, and possibly more clearly than even Floyd or Pacquiao might have done if they'd fought Alexander. Khan beat Algieri while Provodnikov didn't.

So to question whether Khan is a "good fighter" I think you'd then have to question if any of the fighters I've mentioned (including Mayweather and Pacquiao) are good fighters.

Styles make fights and Khan's style may well cause Floyd some trouble, at least early on in the fight.
      Porter beat Alexander more impressively, he consistently hurt Alexander throughout the course of the fight and so, I can't understand why some people run with that myth. Don't care about what Khan did to Ortiz in the amateurs because well, that's the amateurs. Judah was also done-zo and no, he did not beat Maidana more impressively than Mayweather, in fact he didn't even beat him impressively. Khan barely made it out in a fight that warranted a rematch.

One should scratch all that because initially we were talking about skills and there is no indication that Khan possesses the skills to trouble Mayweather and you didn't even convince me that at this point in time Khan classifies as a good fighter. I think he makes too many errors to be classified as such.

Comment

They always say ______ will be ahrder fight than all his other and they arent but i wanna see what Khan can do.

I really believe he will surprise

WARKhan!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          Porter beat Alexander more impressively, he consistently hurt Alexander throughout the course of the fight and so, I can't understand why some people run with that myth. Don't care about what Khan did to Ortiz in the amateurs because well, that's the amateurs. Judah was also done-zo and no, he did not beat Maidana more impressively than Mayweather, in fact he didn't even beat him impressively. Khan barely made it out in a fight that warranted a rematch.

One should scratch all that because initially we were talking about skills and there is no indication that Khan possesses the skills to trouble Mayweather and you didn't even convince me that at this point in time Khan classifies as a good fighter. I think he makes too many errors to be classified as such.
          Khan won every round against Alexander whereas Porter won about 7 rounds vs Alexander. I don't think the performances were even comparable - Khan beat Alexander in a far superior fashion in my opinion. If we take a look at judges scorecards, for example, the closest score that a judge gave for Khan vs Alexander was 110-118 whereas for Alexander vs Porter it was 115-113. In other words if Alexander won 1 more round against Porter, that judge would have had it a draw.

Khan performance was in a different league against Alexander, compared to Porter's performance.

Comment

Khan will be Floyds hardest fight in years

Its the fighters you think he will walk over who pose the difficult challenge

Such as Maidana

Maidana gave a tougher fight to Floyd than Canelo and Pac

We all know Pac and Canelo are better boxers than Maidana, but styles do indeed make fights

Floyd will have to fight out of character

Comment

I agree, Khan would give mayweather a very tough fight. Mayweather will not fight khan like algeiri and walk into shots to get his own off, he will always try to box, and be defensive. So just like Judah and Alexander. I think khan has a chance.

Comment

Khan loses badly to Brook, Thurman, Porter, and Spence. In fact feed him to Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw93 View Post
                  I agree, Khan would give mayweather a very tough fight. Mayweather will not fight khan like algeiri and walk into shots to get his own off, he will always try to box, and be defensive. So just like Judah and Alexander. I think khan has a chance.
                  Good points.

Comment

Working...
                  X