Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breakdown Andre Wards legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has it been proven that he dodged drug testing,,,, i heard the rumors, but havent seen any hard evidence or interviews,,,

can someone please explain, or provide links

Comment

He's not an ATG overall yet. He is arguably the greatest super middleweight ever, though.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Wladimir clinches = 1000 threads claiming he is a cheater, a disgrace, boring etc

Ward adopts the same tactics = Praised for ring generalship. ''Omg what a beautiful clinch - veteran tactics! He is so crafty''

USA! USA! USA!
        Bad, bad comparison. Even the worst fight people complain about most from Ward, against Kessler, he clinched like a third of what Wlad did against Povetkin.

Ward also doesn't **** his pants at the idea of fighting inside like Wlad. I think if Wlad was ever actually forced to fight inside he would just take a knee right away.

Comment

Ward uses it as tactic. And wlad uses it as defense

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Bad, bad comparison. Even the worst fight people complain about most from Ward, against Kessler, he clinched like a third of what Wlad did against Povetkin.

Ward also doesn't **** his pants at the idea of fighting inside like Wlad. I think if Wlad was ever actually forced to fight inside he would just take a knee right away.
            How dare you bring reason into a tard-fest.

Comment

Are you saying wlad is better the andre?

Comment

it'd look better if he beat dawson at 175. i think he probably gets ktfo by stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team.
                  He cleaned out 168..and beat the lineal 175 champ...and he is just beginning so why are you trying to compare him all time???he isnt even 30 yet
                  Yea, after draining him. Stop making it sound like he beat Dawson at LHW.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Hard to understand how people can distinguish between fighting inside and clinching to avoid fighting inside.

Comment

I don't think he's close to being an ATG yet. I wouldn't consider him a HOF yet although he could be close. His legacy is lacking a little bit of depth, his single lineal defense was against a severely weight drained Dawson. Fighting Rodriguez after a long layoff is a step in the right direction. Assuming he comes back healthy from his shoulder injury, he can still add plenty to his legacy, but we can't give him credit for what he hasn't achieved yet.

This is how I would summarize his career so far: Won Super Six (Showtime 168 Tournament) and became THE super middlewight champion; dominated top 168 contenders Froch and Kessler.

I would like to see him test the waters at 175 after a couple more 168 fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X