Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was this a star making performance? Will people still not give a damn about Trout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets not get crazy he won the fight but he didnt put on some masterclass of a performance.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I thought he looked fantastic. If he can stay that exciting and keep winning, he'll make some fans.
      He made a huge statement tonight.

I had no doubt he'd have a good showing but I'll be honest, I still thought he'd come up short.

Comment

This was not a very good fight. Trout won clearly, deserves all the credit in the world, but the fight as a whole was not very pleasing.

Comment

Trout is in the same category as Danny Garcia! It doesn't matter who they beat, people will never accept they are good! Trout sure convinced me tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            He's like a winky wright/Bradley type of fighter and will never really have a big fan base
            I like hes style alot, but most boxing fan like Brawlers with a death wish type of boxers..

Comment

Trout is a very good fighter and he showed good attributes in this fight. However, I don't think he will become a star. His style is that of a pure boxer with occasional bursts of fighting and that is appreciated by the boxing purist. If he had concussive power combined with those skills he could be attractive to casual fans.

I'll say one more thing and that's that Trout will be a handful for anybody. He is skilled, strong, and has a frame that could, easily, be that of a true middleweight. I think this guy is here to stay.

Comment

Star making? No. But he damn sure ain't calling people out from obscurity anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
                  Trout is in the same category as Danny Garcia! It doesn't matter who they beat, people will never accept they are good! Trout sure convinced me tonight!
                  Maybe, but that's besides the point. After that Khan KO, I wanted to see more of Garcia. I can't say the same for Trout after this Cotto win even though the Cotto win is much bigger than the Khan win.

Comment

sure was...he beat cotto better than floyd did...and without getting his ass busted up too..

Comment

He's not a "star." But I guarantee that his name recognition now is a hell of a lot better than it was yesterday.

He put himself on the map.

Comment

Working...
                      X