Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting hard to defend boxing nowadays...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting hard to defend boxing nowadays...

I have loved boxing since i was 7 years old back in early 90's. And between the lack of fan friendly promoting, the fighters lack of discipline, fighters general lack of heart or balls, BRUTAL judging and horrible refs I dont know whats killing the sport more. Just one fight card tonight saw 1 fighter get blatantly robbed, 2 fighters, one being a champ failing to make weight and unbelievably bad judging again (the one that had the dec for Kirkland) its just getting hard to defend the sport nowadays and i have no rebuttle when my buddies say UFC is running away, and i realized the reason i have no response is that they are 100% correct. Lets take a look at the state of boxing now: We have arguably the biggest fight in the history of the sport with ghuys who are in the same fuc@ing weight class not being made time after time for almost 3 years now. We can play the blame game all day between Manny and Floyd then Oscar/Bob. The fact of the matter is its to a point now where that fight NEEDS to be made just to breathe some life back into the sport. So all 4 need to man up and put their BS aside and just fight already. My personal opinion would be just get the fight signed for 60/40 to the winner and lets do it. Bob Arum or Oscar dont like it, then get the hell out of the sport because we need some dramatic changes. I just watched 2 interviews from the last couple years one was with Freddie Roach and one was with Bernard Hopkins, both interviews were about UFC compared to Boxing and what their predictions were for each sport in the coming decade. I agree completley with both of them, boxing is dying and UFC is thriving/growing. Boxing needs to start putting on more complete fight cards,not with just one main event and 4 crap fights. Then we need to get the promoter or fighters and their managers to GIVE THE FANS WHAT THEY WANT!!!! Everyone is tired of seeing a SUPERSTAR fight an AVERAGE FIGHTER when each division has a handfull of great potential match ups. Saddest part is this era of boxing has all kinds of up and comers as well as established fighters that could be fighting if the sanctioning bodies and promoters would get together and say enoughs enough and lets take the the fu#*ing fight game back to its mainstream days of the 70s and 80s. UFC caters to their fans and thats why they are owning the fight game.

Look at my Avi brah!

i agree the wholeheartedly

Comment

Comment

You act as if these problems don't exist in MMA. I wanted to see Fedor-Randy for years, never got done. Brock-Fedor, never got done. Silva-GSP, never got done. Horrible referees and judges exist in MMA just like they do in Boxing, and in all combat sports.

It's fans like you that give fight fans a bad name. If you don't like it, then don't watch it. Simple as that.

Comment

here boxing fans

you get little bitchy when you're hungry

Comment

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
            I have loved boxing since i was 7 years old back in early 90's. And between the lack of fan friendly promoting, the fighters lack of discipline, fighters general lack of heart or balls, BRUTAL judging and horrible refs I dont know whats killing the sport more. Just one fight card tonight saw 1 fighter get blatantly robbed, 2 fighters, one being a champ failing to make weight and unbelievably bad judging again (the one that had the dec for Kirkland) its just getting hard to defend the sport nowadays and i have no rebuttle when my buddies say UFC is running away, and i realized the reason i have no response is that they are 100% correct. Lets take a look at the state of boxing now: We have arguably the biggest fight in the history of the sport with ghuys who are in the same fuc@ing weight class not being made time after time for almost 3 years now. We can play the blame game all day between Manny and Floyd then Oscar/Bob. The fact of the matter is its to a point now where that fight NEEDS to be made just to breathe some life back into the sport. So all 4 need to man up and put their BS aside and just fight already. My personal opinion would be just get the fight signed for 60/40 to the winner and lets do it. Bob Arum or Oscar dont like it, then get the hell out of the sport because we need some dramatic changes. I just watched 2 interviews from the last couple years one was with Freddie Roach and one was with Bernard Hopkins, both interviews were about UFC compared to Boxing and what their predictions were for each sport in the coming decade. I agree completley with both of them, boxing is dying and UFC is thriving/growing. Boxing needs to start putting on more complete fight cards,not with just one main event and 4 crap fights. Then we need to get the promoter or fighters and their managers to GIVE THE FANS WHAT THEY WANT!!!! Everyone is tired of seeing a SUPERSTAR fight an AVERAGE FIGHTER when each division has a handfull of great potential match ups. Saddest part is this era of boxing has all kinds of up and comers as well as established fighters that could be fighting if the sanctioning bodies and promoters would get together and say enoughs enough and lets take the the fu#*ing fight game back to its mainstream days of the 70s and 80s. UFC caters to their fans and thats why they are owning the fight game.
            Did not read, try to write in paragraphs next time brah.

Comment

I think I will try this new drug called "MMA." Boxing is just disappointing.

Comment

Of course all combat sports are going to run into bad refs and judging, but if you think that its anything close to as bad as its been in boxing as of late then you need to get on the short bus and take your ass to school. I just got done sparring with my team and all the guys with me tonight were long time ref and judges for Golden Gloves tourneys in Chicago and boxing fans since before i was even born and they said damn near word for word what i said up there. And the only legit MMA fight u can ***** about is GSP-Silva considering that the other fighters were in different promotions you moron.
                If you are going to say that people like me who say what all REAL fans are thinking are the problem. Then just look at the TV ratings/Sporting magazines/Cable TV. What do we see now adays alot of boxing? NOT AT ALL. Instead when we turn on the channel every Sat night we get another chapter in a disgraced era in boxing. HBO just said the exact same thing, so are you going to tell Lampley or Kellerman not to announce bc they say whats wrong? I dont turn my back on something just bc its having a bad run, I will most definatley state my opinion and which this case happens to be a fact. if you can honestly say that what i just said isnt 100% on the money, look at the last bunch of HBO shows/ PPV's. Then get back to me.

Comment

The UFC isnt that great, no one can hold the heavy weight title long enough to be known, really there is only 2 dominate fighters, Anderson Silva and GSP who have held there belts for a extended period of time out of the present fighters.

The UFC have alot of flavours of the month and especially the heavy weights that are the GOAT then get knocked out in their next fight.

Dont get me wrong I like a great UFC fight as much as any staunch UFC fan but hate it when they get tired and hug on the ground for most of the fight.

All in all the UFC will get more like boxing in management and the way fighters fight in the ring, such as fighting safe when you know you have it on points, look at GSP.

And why dont silva and GSP fight, imo silva could proabaly make welter but he dont want to and I doubt dana would as well because he aint ready to cash in 1 of his 2 biggest cash cows.

Yes there is some crappy fights now and then in boxing but you cant say the UFC never puts on crap PPVs either. The UFC's last PPV in australia didnt even have a real title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
                    You act as if these problems don't exist in MMA. I wanted to see Fedor-Randy for years, never got done. Brock-Fedor, never got done. Silva-GSP, never got done. Horrible referees and judges exist in MMA just like they do in Boxing, and in all combat sports.

It's fans like you that give fight fans a bad name. If you don't like it, then don't watch it. Simple as that.
                    Of course all combat sports are going to run into bad refs and judging, but if you think that its anything close to as bad as its been in boxing as of late your nuts.. I just got done sparring with my team and all the guys with me tonight were long time ref and judges for Golden Gloves tourneys in Chicago and boxing fans since before i was even born and they said damn near word for word what i said up there. And the only legit MMA fight u can ***** about is GSP-Silva considering that the other fighters were in different promotions for most of the time when they were legit opponents
                    If you are going to say that people like me who say what all REAL fans are thinking are the problem. Then just look at the TV ratings/Sporting magazines/Cable TV. What do we see now adays alot of boxing? NOT AT ALL. Instead when we turn on the channel every Sat night we get another chapter in a disgraced era in boxing. HBO just said the exact same thing, so are you going to tell Lampley or Kellerman not to announce bc they say whats wrong? I dont turn my back on something just bc its having a bad run, I will most definatley state my opinion and which this case happens to be a fact. if you can honestly say that what i just said isnt 100% on the money, look at the last bunch of HBO shows/ PPV's. Then get back to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X