No announcement yet.

Heavyweights: 1970's vs 1990's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
    I got Ali over Lewis by decision, Frazier over Tyson by late knockout and Holyfield over Norton by decision.

I think Norton was a better technical fighter than Bowe, but not as much of a force. I wouldn't argue your outcome, but would you argue a Norton victory based on the Holmes fight?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I think Norton was a better technical fighter than Bowe, but not as much of a force. I wouldn't argue your outcome, but would you argue a Norton victory based on the Holmes fight?
      Not really, Holmes and Holyfield fight quite different, Holmes relied on the jab much more and was more of a long range fighter who could fight on the inside if he was forced to do so but Holyfield is/was more of a mid range fighter who uses combination punching and little turn moves to keep his opponents from getting set, which I think would work well against Norton who shuffles forward dragging his back foot, I am aware that Norton is a very good fighter while coming forward but in this instance I think a guy like Holyfield would be able to keep him turning while peppering him with combinations and I personally feel that Holyfield would get the better of Norton if the fight ended up being fought on the inside as well. Norton would definitely have his moments and might even stun Holyfield on occasion but I think Holyfield would pull through. It's just a styles makes fight kind of thing that makes me pick Holyfield over Norton.

Comment

Working...
      X