Collapse
No announcement yet.

alternatives to crunches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For less boring, more challenging, way worse "holy **** i'm sore" feeling, and less time get an ab wheel. Roy Jones used the ab wheel as a staple of his camps and you see it didn't hurt his physique....and he has terrific genetics...but i digress.

While I'm a huge fan of the ab wheel I wouldn't quit doing crunches. Crunches alone won't give you ripped abs but they sure will help keep you from pooping your pants from a straight gut punch. As speedkillz mention doing only 75 isn't going to do too much for you, try to really up the amount and the interval.

Something you may consider that helped me tide the boredom of high repition exercises is not focusing on a specific number so much but more a specific time. It helped me tremendously to put on Round 10 from Holyfield V Bowe #1 and just rap out crunches for 3 minutes while listening to Lampley cry out "Look at Holyfield, what a warrior!". Doing this for a couple rounds can save your mind from the boredom of the rep count.

Comment

make sure your doing your crunches right, people who can do a hundred can only do 20 when they do it with the proper way

Comment

thanks for the advice lads..i;m going to try something like this
        circuit x 5 sets of leg raises,crunches,russian twists,and ab wheel rollouts ..and finish with a bridge.

Comment

google reverse crunches and jacknifes.. get on a decline and get someone to toss you a medicine ball back and forth...

i can do crunches untill the sun comes up and not feel a burn

p.s. try doing half situps.. where u almost do a full situp but hold it in the midpoint for 3 seconds.. those work when ur at home and being lazy

Comment

yeh my girlfriend use to do about 500 crunches a night till i had to tell her she wasnt doing them properly then she could hardly do 10

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
              yeh invest in one of these
              Where do you get one of these?

Comment

Originally posted by lyrical View Post
                Where do you get one of these?
                in shops that sell weight equipment, you can probably order one as well.....ore even build one

Comment

Originally posted by leff View Post
                  in shops that sell weight equipment, you can probably order one as well.....ore even build one
                  Im gonna look for one and also get a chin up bar too, i only have limited space so i dont want to get too much ish.

Comment

http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/bodyw...exercises.html

good stuff.. ur welcome

Comment

am i the only that thinks compound lifts does wonders for you abs?

Comment

Working...
                      X