• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROGER MAYWEATHER: "They won`t let Margarito put no weight on"

Originally posted by Percy Crawford
    FighHype
    November 12, 2010

"He couldn't even stop Marquez. In both fights, he couldn't stop Marquez. Pacquiao is way smaller than all them mother****ers he done fought," stated world-class trainer Roger Mayweater, who was not at all surprised to see Manny Pacquiao weigh in at a suprisingly low 144.6 pounds for his jr. middleweight clash with Antonio Margarito. Although Margarito weighed in at the contract weight of 150 pounds, Roger doesn't believe that the naturally bigger man will outweight Pacquiao by that big of a margin come fight night.

"They don't let him put that much weight on. That's the same way it was with De La Hoya. They don't let them mother****ers put all that weight on his ass. He gonna be about 155. He may be about 5 pounds more, but I'm just saying, they won't let Margarito put no weight on," he explained, suggesting that there may be a clause in the contract which prohibits Margarito from gaining too much weight between the time of the weigh-in and the actual fight

Whether or not that's true remains to be seen, but it will be interesting to see the unofficial weights of both fighters that HBO normally reveals on fight night.
    May I ask if anyone here knows of any link where it states that there is such a weight stipulation in the contract which limits Pac-Margarito fight-night weights?

What a shocker.

Comment

There is no rehydration clause. It's been stated here by someone close to team Margarito.

In other news: Roger Mayweather is a ****ing idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
        May I ask if anyone here knows of any link where it states that there is such a weight stipulation in the contract which limits Pac-Margarito fight-night weights?
        There often is. From memory there was one with the Clottey fight which stated he could not put on a certain amount of pounds and had to reweigh before the fight. I can't remember what it was though.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          There often is. From memory there was one with the Clottey fight which stated he could not put on a certain amount of pounds and had to reweigh before the fight. I can't remember what it was though.
          No, there wasn't.

Comment

I doubt it, fight night weight of Clottey against Pac was 165.

Oh well, we shall see tom anyway. If Margo does weigh 155, then there is this mystery.

Comment

No there wasnt........................

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
                I doubt it, fight night weight of Clottey against Pac was 165.

Oh well, we shall see tom anyway. If Margo does weigh 155, then there is this mystery.
                THERE ISN't ONE for this fight. Someone who posts here who is in the Marg camp said so. (Eaner)

Comment

R. Mayweather must be doing his usual cocaine sessions.

Margarito himself said he will to weigh about 160lbs, right after the weigh-ins.

Comment

the diarrhea must have been intentional then...

Comment

Working...
                    X