• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSAC has destroyed Floyd Mayweather Jr's 'Drug Crusade'

NSAC has destroyed Floyd Mayweather Jr's 'Drug Crusade'
    by Rick Rockwell
    Fight Sport Examiner 6-13-2010

The Nevada State Athletic Commission's forum on drug testing couldn't have gone any better in regards to Manny' Pacquiao's drug testing stance. Experts testified that there were risks to fighters if the blood tests were taken too close to a fight. Also, the same experts, devalued the significance of testing blood. I've personally gone on record and disagreed with some of their statements. However, will the results from the public forum finally silence Pacquiao's critics? Let's examine further.

The NSAC has destroyed Floyd Mayweather Jr's "Drug Crusade"
    Manny has faced a public lashing like no other boxer has face before. Unfounded claims sparked a public witch hunt in the media. Battle lines were drawn between those who supported Manny and those who criticized him. And the greatest critics of all have been the Mayweathers.

Floyd Mayweather Jr

Floyd Mayweather Jr used his "soap box" to publicly accuse, insinuate, question, and/or smear Manny Pacquiao's name and integrity. Of all the people who would be impacted the most by the NSAC's findings, it would have to be Floyd Jr. Floyd's entire "drug crusade" was based on random blood testing up until the day of the fight.

Now that the NSAC has basically squashed that idea, what will Floyd Jr do? Well, we have no idea because he's taking a temporary vow of silence. But, when he does decide to speak, will he tone down the criticism of Manny?
    Will Floyd Jr stop saying Manny is afraid to take a $25 million dollar drug test? The biggest reason Floyd kept saying this was because Manny wouldn't agree to do up until the day of the fight. Well, now that Floyd's own hometown athletic commission won't support him, will Floyd relax on these harsh accusations?

Unfortunately, Floyd Mayweather Jr wasn't the only Mayweather to attack Manny Pacquiao. For the last 8 months, FLoyd's uncle and pops have viciously attacked Manny in the media. In fact, just within the last few weeks both publicly lashed out at Manny again.

Roger Mayweather Jr.

Perhaps, no Mayweather has made more absurd accusations about Manny Pacquiao than Roger Mayweather. Just a week ago, Roger came out and said Manny is still on A-side meth. Roger told everyone to look it up on the internet if they wanted to know more about it. Well, nobody can find anything on the internet. So, Roger taught us a little bit more about A-side meth by saying you take it orally and it makes you twice as strong.
    Roger Mayweather says Manny Pacquiao is on steroids and A-side Meth
    And if that weren't enough, Roger accused Manny of being scared to take the blood tests. Will these findings put a cork in the mouth of Roger once and for all?

Floyd Mayweather Sr

The other half of the 1-2 Mayweather brotherly combo, Floyd Sr has once again said that Manny is cheating. He says that even if Manny is off PEDs, he's already benefitted from the side effects. Floyd Sr also stated that Manny was afraid to take the blood tests.

Despite Manny's public comments of saying he would take blood tests, it didn't sway the Mayweathers' public bashings. Unless Manny agreed to their specific demands, they were on the attack. Well, now that the NSAC blasted the notion of these tests, will it finally silence that Mayweathers?
    Unfortunately, the Mayweathers weren't the only boxing figures to blast Manny Pacquiao. Just recently, Ricky Hatton and Paulie Malignaggi also publicly criticized the Pac Man

Paulie Malignaggi

It's not a surprise that Paulie Malignaggi came out last week and said that if Manny is tested then he would lose to Floyd Mayweather Jr. Paulie has been a "mini-me" version of Floyd Jr by constantly bashing Manny and calling him a cheater. You would have thought that Paulie would keep his mouth shut after eating hundreds of jabs from Amir Khan. Will the NSAC's findings silence Paulie now?

Ricky Hatton

This was actually surprising to me. I didn't think Ricky Hatton was the kind of person to attack Manny Pacquiao's character. I thought Ricky was more of a stand-up guy. But when he mentioned how Manny should take the tests now and perhaps back when they fought, it really took me by surprise.
    Ricky Hatton thinks Manny Pacquiao is a cheater

Conclusion

All of Manny Pacquiao's critics, say Manny 's afraid of taking drug tests. Truth of the matter is, Manny just didn't want to take blood tests so close to the fight because he thought it would weaken him. And now that medical experts have said that blood tests can potentially harm a fighter, Manny's claims have been vindicated.

I understand that the NSAC hasn't officially said that they won't do blood tests, but these "expert testimonies" don't excite the NSAC to rush out and start blood testing any time soon. If anything, these "expert testimonies" acted like the NSAC is already doing a fine job and gave them excuses not to implement blood testing.

Since the NSAC indirectly took Pacquiao's side, then shouldn't it finally silence Manny's critics? You would think and hope that it does, unfortunately, the Mayweathers don't always use logic or rationalizations when they comment on Manny Pacquiao. I'd have to say, this might slow down some of the critics, but it won't silence them.

Do you think the NSAC's findings will silence Manny Pacquiao's critics?

http://www.examiner.com/x-21442-Figh...quiaos-critics
    Last edited by bongwater; 06-13-2010, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bongwater View Post

NSAC has destroyed Floyd Mayweather Jr's 'Drug Crusade'
      by Rick Rockwell
      Fight Sport Examiner 6-13-2010

The Nevada State Athletic Commission's forum on drug testing couldn't have gone any better in regards to Manny' Pacquiao's drug testing stance. Experts testified that there were risks to fighters if the blood tests were taken too close to a fight. Also, the same experts, devalued the significance of testing blood. I've personally gone on record and disagreed with some of their statements. However, will the results from the public forum finally silence Pacquiao's critics? Let's examine further.

The NSAC has destroyed Floyd Mayweather Jr's "Drug Crusade"
      Manny has faced a public lashing like no other boxer has face before. Unfounded claims sparked a public witch hunt in the media. Battle lines were drawn between those who supported Manny and those who criticized him. And the greatest critics of all have been the Mayweathers.

Floyd Mayweather Jr

Floyd Mayweather Jr used his "soap box" to publicly accuse, insinuate, question, and/or smear Manny Pacquiao's name and integrity. Of all the people who would be impacted the most by the NSAC's findings, it would have to be Floyd Jr. Floyd's entire "drug crusade" was based on random blood testing up until the day of the fight.

Now that the NSAC has basically squashed that idea, what will Floyd Jr do? Well, we have no idea because he's taking a temporary vow of silence. But, when he does decide to speak, will he tone down the criticism of Manny?
      Will Floyd Jr stop saying Manny is afraid to take a $25 million dollar drug test? The biggest reason Floyd kept saying this was because Manny wouldn't agree to do up until the day of the fight. Well, now that Floyd's own hometown athletic commission won't support him, will Floyd relax on these harsh accusations?

Unfortunately, Floyd Mayweather Jr wasn't the only Mayweather to attack Manny Pacquiao. For the last 8 months, FLoyd's uncle and pops have viciously attacked Manny in the media. In fact, just within the last few weeks both publicly lashed out at Manny again.

Roger Mayweather Jr.

Perhaps, no Mayweather has made more absurd accusations about Manny Pacquiao than Roger Mayweather. Just a week ago, Roger came out and said Manny is still on A-side meth. Roger told everyone to look it up on the internet if they wanted to know more about it. Well, nobody can find anything on the internet. So, Roger taught us a little bit more about A-side meth by saying you take it orally and it makes you twice as strong.
      Roger Mayweather says Manny Pacquiao is on steroids and A-side Meth
      And if that weren't enough, Roger accused Manny of being scared to take the blood tests. Will these findings put a cork in the mouth of Roger once and for all?

Floyd Mayweather Sr

The other half of the 1-2 Mayweather brotherly combo, Floyd Sr has once again said that Manny is cheating. He says that even if Manny is off PEDs, he's already benefitted from the side effects. Floyd Sr also stated that Manny was afraid to take the blood tests.

Despite Manny's public comments of saying he would take blood tests, it didn't sway the Mayweathers' public bashings. Unless Manny agreed to their specific demands, they were on the attack. Well, now that the NSAC blasted the notion of these tests, will it finally silence that Mayweathers?
      Unfortunately, the Mayweathers weren't the only boxing figures to blast Manny Pacquiao. Just recently, Ricky Hatton and Paulie Malignaggi also publicly criticized the Pac Man

Paulie Malignaggi

It's not a surprise that Paulie Malignaggi came out last week and said that if Manny is tested then he would lose to Floyd Mayweather Jr. Paulie has been a "mini-me" version of Floyd Jr by constantly bashing Manny and calling him a cheater. You would have thought that Paulie would keep his mouth shut after eating hundreds of jabs from Amir Khan. Will the NSAC's findings silence Paulie now?

Ricky Hatton

This was actually surprising to me. I didn't think Ricky Hatton was the kind of person to attack Manny Pacquiao's character. I thought Ricky was more of a stand-up guy. But when he mentioned how Manny should take the tests now and perhaps back when they fought, it really took me by surprise.
      Ricky Hatton thinks Manny Pacquiao is a cheater

Conclusion

All of Manny Pacquiao's critics, say Manny 's afraid of taking drug tests. Truth of the matter is, Manny just didn't want to take blood tests so close to the fight because he thought it would weaken him. And now that medical experts have said that blood tests can potentially harm a fighter, Manny's claims have been vindicated.

I understand that the NSAC hasn't officially said that they won't do blood tests, but these "expert testimonies" don't excite the NSAC to rush out and start blood testing any time soon. If anything, these "expert testimonies" acted like the NSAC is already doing a fine job and gave them excuses not to implement blood testing.

Since the NSAC indirectly took Pacquiao's side, then shouldn't it finally silence Manny's critics? You would think and hope that it does, unfortunately, the Mayweathers don't always use logic or rationalizations when they comment on Manny Pacquiao. I'd have to say, this might slow down some of the critics, but it won't silence them.

Do you think the NSAC's findings will silence Manny Pacquiao's critics?

http://www.examiner.com/x-21442-Figh...quiaos-critics
      It wont silence me.

A 40+ million dollar payday i would take a lot more than a blood test if that was me. Id take Pacmans best punch and let him have his way with me in the ring in front of a full house at cowboys stadium for 40mil thats for sure.

Comment

but mannys looking like the cheater...go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by jaskieee View Post
          It wont silence me.

A 40+ million dollar payday i would take a lot more than a blood test if that was me. Id take Pacmans best punch and let him have his way with me in the ring in front of a full house at cowboys stadium for 40mil thats for sure.
          You ever think about the fact that you say that because you dont have anywhere close to 40million dollars???

It's more like a drunk buddy who can barely stand saying "50bucks says i can beat your ass" when you already have 100bucks in your pocket.

Sure it'd be easy money but why encourage ******ed behavior???

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
            but mannys looking like the cheater...go figure!
            floyd has a history of ducking when hes scared.
            Pac has passed all his tests.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
              HAHAHA!!! too far away from the true meaning of the lyrics of the song. but good entertainment though...

Comment

QUOTE "it's like he came back long enough to take everyone's money, pay off the IRS, get involved in a shooting, trash an entire country, compare himself to Martin Luther King Jr, save the sport, and insult everyone with a brain.
                Yes boxing fans, there goes the 'face of boxing', the 'cash king', the 'PPV king', the 'drug crusader', the 'savior', and 'the money'. His 'cash checking business' is going out of business. And he's 'clucking' and 'ducking' all the way to his happy retirement life."

Comment

Originally posted by jaskieee View Post
                  It wont silence me.

Dude shut up already.
                  Pacman aint you.
                  He doesn't earn 500 dollar a week.
                  He earn 10million per fight against anyone.
                  He doesn't need to suck Floyd d$ck.
                  Make no different to him money wise.
                  So quit f#cking bringing up the money issue to say Manny is on drugs.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X