Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come on CALZAGHE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I try defend him Calzaghe has to a certain degree hid away from big fights. As a world title holder you wanna fight in the US and go against the biggest names. He has never done that and it cant all be blamed on Warren. Popular fighters have left Warren before to pursue the big fights and Calzaghe hasnt been motivated to do that.

As we get closer to fight night I feel less confident in Joe's chances against Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo_UK View Post
      As much as I try defend him Calzaghe has to a certain degree hid away from big fights. As a world title holder you wanna fight in the US and go against the biggest names. He has never done that and it cant all be blamed on Warren. Popular fighters have left Warren before to pursue the big fights and Calzaghe hasnt been motivated to do that.

As we get closer to fight night I feel less confident in Joe's chances against Hopkins.
      true to an extent, but super middle has been a limited division for SERIOUS competition, the only real threats at that weight to joe where kessler and lacy, and he dominated them big time.

he should have moved up long before now.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo_UK View Post

I feel the same as you. I think Joe is a great fighter but let's face it he has never really tested himself against the real best. he should of broke away from Warren years ago. I know the super middleweight divison aint been upto scratch of years but he could of stepped down a devision or up one. I will never class him as a true great cos of the way he has defended his title against average fighters. sorry for the rant but I DO HOPE he WINS tomorrow.

Comment

Against Eubank, Reid, Kessler and Lacy he was a joy to watch. Those were my favourite fights.

He is one of the best British fighters of all time. How many British fighters can say that they have been a World Champion for five years, let alone ten?

Does anyone know of any good internet links/streams for tomorrow's big fight?

If so, please private message me.

Thank you.

Comment

When Hatton's fighting I'm English.

When Calzaghe is fighting I'm British.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chosen View Post
              When Hatton's fighting I'm English.

When Calzaghe is fighting I'm British.
              Like wise when he's losing I'm English.

Comment

Lads. Glad he won and all but tonight Im kind of believing that maybe Calzaghe isnt the fighter I thought he was. A great fighter but maybe hes not the BEST if you know what I mean?

Comment

Im just glad he won tonight...i **** myself when he went down early.
                  Last edited by Chrismart; 04-20-2008, 07:58 AM.

Comment

even though joe won tonight I'm very disappointed. he didn't fight a great enough fight to silence any critics with regards to him moving to American soil. the decision could have also gone either way and i wouldn't have argued it.

very poor performance and his victory tonight is nothing to be proud of, he looked surprised himself when he won.

I just hope he doesn't waste anyones time by fighting RJJ next.

Comment

Working...
                    X