No announcement yet.

I thought Lampley was embarrassing last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Lampley was embarrassing last night

Overall, I thought HBO and the broadcast team did a good job job - especially during the main event - but Lampley in particular seemed like he was trying too hard to justify the shidtty undercard fights and he was oh too eager to accept Arums lame approach to undercards and he was going over the top trying to sell Pac vs. Bradley 3. No need for that fight, imo. Pac beat him twice already. Point made. Only because HBO is presently alligned with Top Rank and only because Top Rank has only matchups is why I think Lampley was going over the top trying to promote it. But the real WTF moment came right after the Vargas fight when he said " I could sit and watch that 5 more times." Roy Jones sheepishly agreed and Max Kellerman smartly kept his mouth shut. I got the feeling Max was embarrassed by Lampleys blatant whore-like performance all night.

Anyone else notice this throughout the night ? Imo, Lampley is a victim of HBOs inept leadership and boxings politics and it is affecting his performance.

Arum said publicly he doesnt think that people buy ppv because of the undercard so....he doesn't hive a beep but at least we got a great main event.

Comment

Working...
    X