Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a "Roach Trained" Cotto Defeat Austin Trout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    Why exactly Wasnt cotto at his best? Cause he had a baby in the way like donaire, was he cheating on his wife like pacquiao? Or was it the trainers fault again. He got beat by the better man point blank. Delvin is a bum and cotto did what he was supposed to do to a bum

Comment

yes because he needed to be more aggressive vs Trout.

Comment

Cotto wins a rematch and looks more impressive than Canelo doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          this is just more excuses. not mentally in the camp? diaz seemed to work fine for rigo, and diaz trained cotto for "floyds toughest fight in years" these are just cop outs
          Seriously I doubt actually understand boxing on here, it's scary some of the things you read here like "increase his output" or he wasn't "mentally ready"..
          Cotto seems to get a pass from fans on here, not sure if it's due to fanboyism, lack of boxing knowledge, or the fact that Cotto is a nice guy etc but anyone that followed his career knows that Cotto is not a guy with a high punch output and he still gets tired visibly from the mid rounds onwards. He just fought a lower level opposition and look good (Which was the purpose) and now the excuses are now how he wasn't trained well or didn't have the right gameplan going in, some of these people get sweep off their feets with all these Hollywood boxing trainers.. Me and you could have trained Cotto yesterday, in fact he could have trained himself and still look that good yesterday. Blaming Diaz for Cotto losing to trout and Mayweather is a weak excuse IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            He would have lost easier. Gassed by the 4/5th round, Roach doesn't change anything, Cotto would look great under any trainer when fighting low level competition. People need to watch more boxing lol.

This. I'm amazed that so many people are overlook such a simple fact nad buying that Cotto is a "new" fighter. Cotto is the same Cotto. He is NOT going to look that good against either Trout, Martinez, Canelo or any other fighter on that level.

Cotto seems to change trainers whenever he loses and it hasn't done a damn thing different for him. They can't get in the ring and fight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              This. I'm amazed that so many people are overlook such a simple fact nad buying that Cotto is a "new" fighter. Cotto is the same Cotto. He is NOT going to look that good against either Trout, Martinez, Canelo or any other fighter on that level.

Cotto seems to change trainers whenever he loses and it hasn't done a damn thing different for him. They can't get in the ring and fight for him.
              Well all these people are fanboys so they are talking with their hearts not their heads, I have nothing against Cotto but he had one fight against a low level opposition and was able to go back to his body punching etc and now am suppose to believe his new trainer brought that out of him? Lol, I can bet that he would land those bodyshots against high calibre oppositions, I would bet that he would be hesitant to let his hands go in case he gets countered from a southpaw stance or with a huge right hand etc. we would have to see him against better opposition and see his land those bodyshots with confidence before we declare that we have seen the new Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Seriously I doubt actually understand boxing on here, it's scary some of the things you read here like "increase his output" or he wasn't "mentally ready"..
                Cotto seems to get a pass from fans on here, not sure if it's due to fanboyism, lack of boxing knowledge, or the fact that Cotto is a nice guy etc but anyone that followed his career knows that Cotto is not a guy with a high punch output and he still gets tired visibly from the mid rounds onwards. He just fought a lower level opposition and look good (Which was the purpose) and now the excuses are now how he wasn't trained well or didn't have the right gameplan going in, some of these people get sweep off their feets with all these Hollywood boxing trainers.. Me and you could have trained Cotto yesterday, in fact he could have trained himself and still look that good yesterday. Blaming Diaz for Cotto losing to trout and Mayweather is a weak excuse IMO.

Even Roy Jones jr sounded ridiculous when he said, "It will be interesting if Cotto fights Floyd again and throws the left hook like he did tonight."

If Cotto is missing and getting countered, he's not going to throw the left hook the same way as he will with an overmatched opponent.

The excuses for Cotto today are ridiculous though. From his last two fights, it's because he didn't train properly, he was shot, wrong strategy, didn't throw his left hook, or he gassed out. it goes on and on...

Comment

Even Roy Jones jr sounded ridiculous when he said, "It will be interesting if Cotto fights Floyd again and throws the left hook like he did tonight."

If Cotto is missing and getting countered, he's not going to throw the left hook the same way as he will with an overmatched opponent.

The excuses for Cotto today are ridiculous though. From his last two fights, it's because he didn't train properly, he was shot, wrong strategy, didn't throw his left hook, or he gassed out. it goes on and on...
                  "Like Oscar and the jab, I forgot to throw the hook against Floyd. I don't know why" Miguel Cotto.

That'a right, these fighters forget to throw these punces.

Freddie's reminding skills were on point for this one.

Not so much Oscar.

And it only works sometimes with Pacquaio's right hook 50-50.

Comment

Can't believe I'm agreeing with you. Those are my thoughts exactly!

Comment

Cotto look great last nite in the win... He def will win the next fight with trout if they fought. Cotto look terrible in wins vs the same level competion in mayorga and foreman. You guys gotta him props, Im sure alot of you guys didnt expect cotto to go in there and win the way he did. So lets not act like what he did isnt impressive. Delvin could of use his height, tied him up and fought ugly like he did againt trout but he wasnt able to do that. I wonder why?

Comment

Working...
                      X