Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop hyping Kirkland up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever won this fight was going to be massively overhyped as some type of killer, I knew that going in. The styles matched up in a way that someone was going to look really good winning a war.

Comment

After all the crap JK took after the Ishida fight he deserves all the praise in the world.

95% of the board and all the writers counted him out.

Give the devil his due.

Comment

rematch!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          After all the crap JK took after the Ishida fight he deserves all the praise in the world.

95% of the board and all the writers counted him out.

Give the devil his due.
          He deserves credit for weathering the first round storm, no question about it. Showed a ton of heart, will, and stamina.

But moving forward, he simply does not have the chin to fight how he fights. He's gonna get killed by anyone who can land sharp accurate counter punches, cause he's not a big enough puncher to run through an elite guy in 1 round, he needs some time to break them down and I don't think he'll be able to get there.

A guy like Canelo...he would land short, accurate BOMBS on Kirkland. I agree that Kirkland has the style that would give Canelo or Cotto hell, but he doesn't have the chin to go with it.

Comment

but at the same time, all you guys looking at it like "it's angulo's fault" and kirkland deserves 100% credit (which i agree), then you gotta apply that logic to kirkland/ishida, and give ishida 100% props and assume he would be the better man regardless. . .

Ishida was step-back counter punching THE SHYT outta kirkland. . . CLEAN ON THAT CHIN. . . straight whipped his ass. . . but kirkland proved he can beat just about ANY PRESSURE fighter/volume puncher at his own game. . . and he might be the toughest man in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by FistOfTyson View Post
              I enjoy watching his fights but the dude makes the same mistakes he made in his last fights. His defense is still horrendous and he WILL get knocked out AGAIN by a top tier puncher. If some unknown jap laid him out imagine what those on top of his division would do.

You'd think that Anne would have told him to keep his hands up by now smh
              quit knocking him. hes exciting and a fairly fresh face. maybe if you opened your eyes you could see that he could just deserve the hype. dont hate appreciate. and regarding the ko loss to ishida... it happens bro. its boxing. expect the unexpected. put ishida in with him again and kirkland would fuk him up so bad hed speak chinese all of a sudden.

Comment

lol...this board is truly sad. some ppl hate no matter what u do. now ask ppl how many expected him to win that fight?

Comment

I dont get why every fighter has to be either 'overhyped' or 'underhyped'. Kirkland is what he is. A very tough, tenacious fighter that attacks you from the opening bell, but is a sucker for running into straight shots while hes attacking.

He will always have a problem with guys that can catch him while hes wildly attacking, but his conditioning(his #1 priority as a fighter) can still save the day for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    lol...this board is truly sad. some ppl hate no matter what u do. now ask ppl how many expected him to win that fight?
                    im not hating at all. . . im just keeping it real. . . i didn't think he would win, but about 1/3 of the board did. . .

in hindsight, though, angulo is a pressure fighter with no speed or defense, and should have been looked at as a 50/50 fight. . .

however, it remains that he got step back counter punch KO'd by a guy with like 8 KO's. . . Is that not true? Can you just pretend that never happened?

Im just saying you can't hate on Ishida and take away from his KO by saying "kirkland wasn't ready", "kirkland didn't train right", because hten you are DOING THE EXACT SAME THING as people who are saying "angulo didn't train right", and "it was a fluke", etc. fact remains, until proven otherwise, he is vulnerable against a guy who can box off the back foot and counter punch with decent technique. . .

Comment

Working...
                    X