Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me how a guy like Wilder hasn't lost yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    He is a great athlete but his fundamentals, balance, and technique is very subpart. Spilka, Stiverne, and Ortiz we're all better but yet they lost. Is Wilder changing our perspective on what it takes to be a champion and elite boxer? Or is this all based on luck?
    Have you ever heard of Tommy Hearns? Now compare and contrast Deontay Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
      Have you ever heard of Tommy Hearns? Now compare and contrast Deontay Wilder
      Hearns was.levels above Wilder in every way imaginable

Comment

Hearns was.levels above Wilder in every way imaginable
        Except Hearns would not have survived that 7th round

Comment

His whole resume consists of handpicked inhouse opponents (PBC fighters), even Ortiz was carefully chosen after he looked old and terrible in his last fight and under control by Al Haymon.

Comment

He is a great athlete but his fundamentals, balance, and technique is very subpart. Spilka, Stiverne, and Ortiz we're all better but yet they lost. Is Wilder changing our perspective on what it takes to be a champion and elite boxer? Or is this all based on luck?
            It's a combination of:

A -As a whole,this crop of current heavyweights is largely the most unskilled bunch I have ever seen in any era and I have been watching since 70's. Back then Wilder would not have had much of a chance against the likes of skilled fighters like Ali,Holmes, Foreman,Tyson,Lewis,Holyfield,etc etc etc

B- Power.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
              Except Hearns would not have survived that 7th round
              Hearns beat Duran, Leonard, Wilfred, Barkley, and Cuevas. Those guys are above the likes of Ortiz

Comment

Timing. They knew they had to bring him up slow. Wait for the right opportunity and step it up with calculated precision. I know for some of you ******s out there I'm using big words but this isn't rocket science. Very standard.

If Ortiz was 33 years old I think the outcome would have been different.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE JOE View Post
                  It's a combination of:

A -As a whole,this crop of current heavyweights is largely the most unskilled bunch I have ever seen in any era and I have been watching since 70's. Back then Wilder would not have had much of a chance against the likes of skilled fighters like Ali,Holmes, Foreman,Tyson,Lewis,Holyfield,etc etc etc

B- Power.
                  But still, I was always under the impression that skills Trump power but Wilder is proving us wrong and revolutionizing the GW division.

Comment

Hes just big and has a killer right hand. Also his opposition before the Ortiz fight was weak. If not for his stamina and right hand he would have lost yesterday. Wilder is pretty fun to watch because everyone knows hes not the best fighter technically but he just keeps winning because of that power.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                      Timing. They knew they had to bring him up slow. Wait for the right opportunity and step it up with calculated precision. I know for some of you ******s out there I'm using big words but this isn't rocket science. Very standard.

If Ortiz was 33 years old I think the outcome would have been different.
                      I thought HW didn't start to age until they hit 40 and even then there are exceptions (George Foreman for example)

Comment

Working...
                      X