Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Vitali Slowed Down, I Can Knock Him Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
    You're so obsessed about the Klitschko's because they are so way above Haye in every sense and it buggers your inferiority complex. Real boxing fans and experts like myself would never mention Haye among their favorite fighters. And those all time favorites you mention, I bet you only ever saw them on video, because you're a novice.
    Dude please, don't try to be condescending. You're a joke. Nothing but a laugh for me. I only reply to your buttlick posts because I know I'll get the dumbest reply known to man. Like this "Klitsckho's once again showing what impeccable human beings they are". I mean WTF - are you gay for these guys? You say i'm obsessed with the Klit's but it's funny you are on every post with David Haye. I'm not even that much into Haye, but he brings excitement when he steps into the ring. Wladimir might be a nice guy, i'm sure he is, and i'm sure you wouldn't know because you've never met him but you will claim you have. But he sticks his boring jab out every time he fights and then he holds. Jab-jab & grab. Great stuff from the champ!

Comment

• Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
      Haye only wants this fight because Vitali is old. He says as much in the article this thread is about. He realises a fighter is finished by 42. Haye is like a vulture. He sees Vitali has little left, and he circles above Vitali's head so he can take credit when the big man falls.

This why he pulled out of 2009 against both brothers - they weren't old enough yet. If he waited any longer, Vitali would have retired. If he had done it any earlier, Wladimir would have been too near his prime. His timing was perfect. Unfortunately, even a post-prime Wladimir beat Haye.

It's absurd to say Vitali is scared of Haye. Vitali fought Lewis who punches 3 times as hard as Haye.
      You know Wlad was in his absolute prime against Haye. But I agree that it is absurd to think Vitali is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
        You know Wlad was in his absolute prime against Haye. But I agree that it is absurd to think Vitali is scared.
        35 is very much post-prime. Think Jones, Ali, Tyson, etc.

Comment

35 is very much post-prime. Think Jones, Ali, Tyson, etc.
          I don't think it's fair to compare. Each fighter is his own. I don't think Wladimir has particularly been in better fighting shape than he was against Haye. And he said before the fight as well that he was feeling the best he'd felt in a long time.

Comment

dubious statistics? What? That Kessler was busier and landed more? Those are facts my dear friend. He was the aggressor all night long.
            being the aggressor doesn't mean you're winning the fight.

punchstats and punchstat percentages are what i have in mind when i refer to dubious statistics. punchstats have been shown to be misleading. people should form their analyses from their own observations and refrain from citing statistics.

i agree that Froch's reasoning that he beat Dirrell by being the aggressor is flawed.

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
            Almost 20 years? It's been 15 years. And you can only fight the best that are around in your time.
            15 years is the best part of 20.

i'm not faulting Kessler for beating what was available to him up until 2007, i'm saying that what was available wasn't all that.

and this is still Kessler's time. what's he been fighting these last two and a half years?

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
            We can agree that the talent pool wasn't what it was now, but is that Kessler's fault? Now, let's look at Froch's win list if you must. Taylor (KO), Dirrell (SD), Abraham (UD), Johnson (UD), Bute (KO), Mack (KO), Pascal (UD). I'm sure we can agree that these are his best wins. Let's look at 'gift' decisions here. Dirrell was a gift decision. Let's be honest- Taylor was a middleweight and dominated Carl for 8-9 rounds and floored him. Abraham is a very limited fighter and also a middleweight, Johnson was 41 years old at the time of the fight, Bute was a belt holder, but really haven't beaten anyone and Mack.. well, i'll leave it there. Pascal was a war. And it was a great victory. But that was probably even closer than Froch-Kessler I.
            "Siaca, Beyer, Haussler, Sartison, Andrade, Mundine & green"

vs.

-Pascal, went on to win the true LHW championship, clearly a much better win than any of those you listed
            -Taylor, former true MW champion (whom many felt should have gotten the nod in his rematch with Pavlik), a much higher quality fighter than any of those you listed and was more than capable of winning a SMW strap if he'd fought the kind of opposition that a Sartison or a Beyer or a Siaca or a Mundine fought for theirs
            -Andre Dirrell, this guy's prime talent is certainly worth more than some of the names you cited for Kessler, slugs like Haussler and faded, shaky Green
            -Abraham, since went on to win a SMW strap, no worse than some of the paper-titlist mediocrities you're citing for Kessler
            -Johnson, one of the most consistent performers of the last era, former LHW titlist, past his best but had just demolished Green (who is a prize win on Kessler's record according to you) and clearly had enough left in the tank at the time to give a difficult night to most SMW's
            -Bute, held a SMW title for almost 5 years and 9 defences, a better quality run than Beyer's, went one better than Kessler and knocked out Andrade
            -Mack is no worse than a guy like Green

let's take away Dirrell. Pascal and Bute together are worth much more than the mediocre bunch of Siaca, Beyer, Haussler, Sartison and Green combined. Taylor is very much a better win than Mundine. Andrade is a solid win, Kessler's best (excepting his gift 'win' over Froch), but Froch's two best wins are much better.

if Kessler steps up, Froch will knock him out and vault way past him.
            Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-14-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Dude please, don't try to be condescending. You're a joke. Nothing but a laugh for me. I only reply to your buttlick posts because I know I'll get the dumbest reply known to man. Like this "Klitsckho's once again showing what impeccable human beings they are". I mean WTF - are you gay for these guys? You say i'm obsessed with the Klit's but it's funny you are on every post with David Haye. I'm not even that much into Haye, but he brings excitement when he steps into the ring. Wladimir might be a nice guy, i'm sure he is, and i'm sure you wouldn't know because you've never met him but you will claim you have. But he sticks his boring jab out every time he fights and then he holds. Jab-jab & grab. Great stuff from the champ!
              You're the laughing stock here, believe me. You're the one posting naked Klitschko's as your avatar lately. So you must be the gay for them.
              Haye sure brings a lot of excitement, like a lackluster performance and a hurt toe. I bet Haye is your neighbor too, like Kessler was?

Comment

Haye only wants this fight because Vitali is old. He says as much in the article this thread is about. He realises a fighter is finished by 42. Haye is like a vulture. He sees Vitali has little left, and he circles above Vitali's head so he can take credit when the big man falls.

This why he pulled out of 2009 against both brothers - they weren't old enough yet. If he waited any longer, Vitali would have retired. If he had done it any earlier, Wladimir would have been too near his prime. His timing was perfect. Unfortunately, even a post-prime Wladimir beat Haye.

It's absurd to say Vitali is scared of Haye. Vitali fought Lewis who punches 3 times as hard as Haye.
                Vitali has a massive size, reach, experience and weight advantage over Haye yet Haye has been trying to fight him for years now. Of course Vitali is scared - it goes without saying. Surely everyone can see that by now..

Vitali and Boente both said that if Haye beats Chisora then Vitali will fight him. What happened when Haye beat Chisora? Vitali ran the F away. He didn't stick to his word because he is shaking in his boots thinking about Haye.

Vitali couldnt do any damage to Chisora at all while Haye knocked him out. Ever since then Vitali has been in hiding like he was on a witness protection program.

Comment

• Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                  being the aggressor doesn't mean you're winning the fight.

punchstats and punchstat percentages are what i have in mind when i refer to dubious statistics. punchstats have been shown to be misleading. people should form their analyses from their own observations and refrain from citing statistics.

i agree that Froch's reasoning that he beat Dirrell by being the aggressor is flawed.

15 years is the best part of 20.

i'm not faulting Kessler for beating what was available to him up until 2007, i'm saying that what was available wasn't all that.

and this is still Kessler's time. what's he been fighting these last two and a half years?

"Siaca, Beyer, Haussler, Sartison, Andrade, Mundine & green"

vs.

-Pascal, went on to win the true LHW championship, clearly a much better win than any of those you listed
                  -Taylor, former true MW champion (whom many felt should have gotten the nod in his rematch with Pavlik), a much higher quality fighter than any of those you listed and was more than capable of winning a SMW strap if he'd fought the kind of opposition that a Sartison or a Beyer or a Siaca or a Mundine fought for theirs
                  -Andre Dirrell, this guy's prime talent is certainly worth more than some of the names you cited for Kessler, slugs like Haussler and faded, shaky Green
                  -Abraham, since went on to win a SMW strap, no worse than some of the paper-titlist mediocrities you're citing for Kessler
                  -Johnson, one of the most consistent performers of the last era, former LHW titlist, past his best but had just demolished Green (who is a prize win on Kessler's record according to you) and clearly had enough left in the tank at the time to give a difficult night to most SMW's
                  -Bute, held a SMW title for almost 5 years and 9 defences, a better quality run than Beyer's, went one better than Kessler and knocked out Andrade
                  -Mack is no worse than a guy like Green

let's take away Dirrell. Pascal and Bute together are worth much more than the mediocre bunch of Siaca, Beyer, Haussler, Sartison and Green combined. Taylor is very much a better win than Mundine. Andrade is a solid win, Kessler's best (excepting his gift 'win' over Froch), but Froch's two best wins are much better.

if Kessler steps up, Froch will knock him out and vault way past him.
                  My point is: if you take away kesslers Froch W, you can take away Frochs Dirrell and Pascal Ws. And they are his best wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                    You're the laughing stock here, believe me. You're the one posting naked Klitschko's as your avatar lately. So you must be the gay for them.
                    Haye sure brings a lot of excitement, like a lackluster performance and a hurt toe. I bet Haye is your neighbor too, like Kessler was?
                    Had to give you something to wank off to, didn't I? Oh like you have inside info from the k2 camp? Haha. Kessler is my neighboor you fool. Ørestad, CPH. Check it out.

Comment

My point is: if you take away kesslers Froch W, you can take away Frochs Dirrell and Pascal Ws. And they are his best wins.
                      it was widely considered that Froch beat Pascal, even Pascal said it. the cards were unduly wide, but there was no controversy over who won.

Kessler diehards say that everyone including the British press scored for Kessler (including the British press), but many impartial messageboard scorers had it for Froch and Showtime's press-row glance had it 116-115 Froch (British), 115-112 Kessler (Danish) and 115-113 Froch (German), on top of Bernstein's score for Froch (Tarver scored close for Kessler).

i did ultimately deduct the Dirrell win from Froch (see the end of my post).

Comment

Working...
                      X