Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Midterm Elections Discussion/Results Thread & Get out and Vote!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    Oh is he really being abandoned? Because a few republicans, mostly RINOs, criticized him on his Russia comments?

Other than that little point, where are your pro-Democrat arguments for 2018, though?
    Do you even live here in America?

Comment

Originally posted by pnksntdead View Post
      Man, what a dumb post, seriously. I haven’t posted in long time and really hate discussing political issues but your level of haughty ignorance is just impossible to ignore.

You give credit to Trump for the economy, lower taxes, military, but fail to really analyze the situation. Instead, you rely ok rehashed conservative propaganda.

Face it, conservative or liberal, it is impossible to deny that Trump is disastrous failure for the country. Not only has he managed to undermine the US’ longstanding strategic econimic and geoplitical alliances, he has been reduced to being an apologist for Putin.

Economy? Lower taxes? Employment rate? Higher wages? Stronger military? Protecting the country's borders?

Economy: The economy has been running well since the latter part of the previous administration, what exactly has Trump done to improve it? lowered taxes to spur growth? Guess what, his tariff war will kill all the benefit from that. Besides, what guarantee can we get that rich people saving taxes will reinvest into job producing investments and not spend it on hookers and blow?

The stock is at all time high levels, but Trumps tariff game with China and other nations has investors spooked. Harley Davidson is looking to move production in Europe, with more companies to follow if tariffs are to high (as a retaliation to Trumps tariffs).
      Guess what happens when they move? Unemployment rises, consumer spending dips, which, again, leads to even further unemployment - it’s a vicious cycle. What happens when foreign nations stop buying US imports? You guessed it, unemplyment rises, consumer spending dips, and unemployment rises further - rinse and repeat.

Oh, and don’t forget the Dodd-Frank Act repeal. Care to go through the great recession banking crisis again? The Act was passed to avoid that from happening again.

Lower taxes you say? You must be a 1 percenter saving money on estate taxes, then, to be happy about that. Middle class taxpayers get a few hundred bucks who 1 percenters make a killing (guess where Trump falls under?). So, where do they get the funds for the lower taxes? Why, blow-up the effin’ budget, of course. Who the hell cares, the next generation will have worry about it, right? I got to get mine.. (typical republican mindset).

Strong military: Well we’ll definitely need that, with Trump looking to cancel military training in S. Korea and Germany looking to get rid of US bases. Pax America is on the decline, the erosion of strategic alliances benefits China and Russia; however, Trump doesn’t mind since he’ll get his Russian citizenship soon enough, like RJJ and Segal.

Protecting the country’s borders: I’m all for legal immigration and strict border enforcement, but where’s that wall? Has Mexico wired the funds yet? How about the embarassing human rights crisis with 3-y/o kids being separated from their parents and even standing in court.
      You destroyed that Foreigner. This is Ruthless.

Comment

Originally posted by pnksntdead View Post
        Man, what a dumb post, seriously. You give credit to Trump for the economy, lower taxes, military, but fail to really analyze the situation.

Face it, conservative or liberal, it is impossible to deny that Trump is disastrous failure for the country. Not only has he managed to undermine the US’ longstanding strategic econimic and geoplitical alliances, he has been reduced to being an apologist for Putin.

Economy? Lower taxes? Employment rate? Higher wages? Stronger military? Protecting the country's borders?

Economy: The economy has been running well since the latter part of the previous administration, what exactly has Trump done to improve it? lowered taxes to spur growth? Guess what, his tariff war will kill all the benefit from that. Besides, what guarantee can we get that rich people saving taxes will reinvest into job producing investments and not spend it on hookers and blow?

The stock is at all time high levels, but Trumps tariff game with China and other nations has investors spooked. Harley Davidson is looking to move production in Europe, with more companies to follow if tariffs are to high (as a retaliation to Trumps tariffs).
        Guess what happens when they move? Unemployment rises, consumer spending dips, which, again, leads to even further unemployment - it’s a vicious cycle. What happens when foreign nations stop buying US imports? You guessed it, unemplyment rises, consumer spending dips, and unemployment rises further - rinse and repeat.

Oh, and don’t forget the Dodd-Frank Act repeal. Care to go through the great recession banking crisis again? The Act was passed to avoid that from happening again.

Lower taxes you say? You must be a 1 percenter saving money on estate taxes, then, to be happy about that. Middle class taxpayers get a few hundred bucks who 1 percenters make a killing (guess where Trump falls under?). So, where do they get the funds for the lower taxes? Why, blow-up the effin’ budget, of course. Who the hell cares, the next generation will have worry about it, right? I got to get mine.. (typical republican mindset).

Strong military: Well we’ll definitely need that, with Trump looking to cancel military training in S. Korea and Germany looking to get rid of US bases. Pax America is on the decline, the erosion of strategic alliances benefits China and Russia; however, Trump doesn’t mind since he’ll get his Russian citizenship soon enough, like RJJ and Segal.

Protecting the country’s borders: I’m all for legal immigration and strict border enforcement, but where’s that wall? Has Mexico wired the funds yet? How about the embarassing human rights crisis with 3-y/o kids being separated from their parents and even standing in court.
        A lot of hypothesis and wishful thinking but not much facts.

No the economy is not up thanks to Obama, and high wage jobs being created are not being created thanks to Obama. In fact Trump replaced or removed pretty much all of Obama’s economic policies.

Middle class families getting back several hundreds in tax returns is bad. Crumbs, as Pelosi so eloquently put it.

Trump is right to call out China and Europe on the tariffs. It might make a short term hit, it will hurt them a lot more than the USA, but will be good in the long run.

Children separated from parents when comitting a crime was the law long befoee Trump’s election. His zero tolerance policy was following that law to the letter. Now that law was changed.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
          Do you even live here in America?
          Typing this from the Kremlin as we speak.

Comment

Official Midterm Elections Results/Discussion Thread & Get out and Vote!

If we go by the election map and polls it looks like the Republicans will lose the House and retain the Senate, resulting in a split chamber.

In your area/district, what is the feeling on politics, and which way does the vote seem to be trending?

Comment

Senator Menendez in a much tougher than expected fight. He's been pulling ahead lately and looks like he might win. If he doesn't beat Bob Hugin by more than 8%, I think this is his last time running.

Very well could still lose which would be a devastating loss for Dems.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                If we go by the election map and polls it looks like the Republicans will lose the House and retain the Senate, resulting in a split chamber.

In your area/district, what is the feeling on politics, and which way does the vote seem to be trending?
                Hard to say, so many people voting now. I made my wife vote the other day. It was her first time voting. Heard others in line saying the same.

Comment

So far three candidates, all Democrat.

Comment

I'd say the senate is safe R. No real chance of flipping at all.

Judging from the polls, the house has only 44 seats up for grabs where there isn't a 75% or better favorite.

If the Dems and Republicans both win all the races where they are a 75% or better favorite (which of course won't be the case), then I believe the Dems would only have to win 8 of the 44 most debatable seats to get a majority. So the real question is can the Rs score enough upsets to prevent a likely flip?
                    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 11-01-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                      Hard to say, so many people voting now. I made my wife vote the other day. It was her first time voting. Heard others in line saying the same.
                      This is hilarious, that's exactly what I did with my wife. Did you get a sense of how others in line were voting?
                      Last edited by JimRaynor; 11-01-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X