Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could spence beat Hurd @154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Spence would win although Hurd is really good and very dangerous. Spence is a relentless attacker with a high workrate like Hurd. Spence is more precise and accurate and faster with his punches and he doesn't get hit near as much as Hurd. Both men have real power and good chins. It would be a real war. I think Spence is just enough better that he could go up 7 pounds and still win.

Comment

This is the fight Spence should be moving up for not the almost blind Brook. This will be like two trains colliding. A pure dogfight. Can't even pick a winner it's that close to me. But Spence hasn't said a peep about Hurd he only mentions Brook when he discusses moving up so maybe Spence don't want that work..yet.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
        I don’t know A.K.. Hurd has a hellacious chin doe
        Spence breaks down the body better than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          yep and that's the difference!

Comment

Hurd by decision, 7-5 or so. It would be a close type fight but I would have Hurd winning in a close one.

Good fight though, makes me want to see this fight now actually.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
              Hurd by decision, 7-5 or so. It would be a close type fight but I would have Hurd winning in a close one.

Good fight though, makes me want to see this fight now actually.
              if hurd beats charlo errol's boy and errol can't get thurman....that would be the fight to make........errol would be proving his greatness by dispatching hurd.........

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
                if hurd beats charlo errol's boy and errol can't get thurman....that would be the fight to make........errol would be proving his greatness by dispatching hurd.........

Yeah Errol would definitely prove himself if he did that.

I'm going by if they were to fight right now at 154 straight away with Errol moving up and fighting Hurd as his first fight at 154, I would pick Hurd.

We haven't seen Errol at 154 yet. But maybe he might make the jump if he keeps getting ducked at 147. We shall see...

Comment

Spence would get brutalized.

Comment

At least not the first fight. He needs to season well at the weight, maybe in a year or so. By then, I don't see Hurd being in that division. The guy looks like a light heavyweight right now. Too much weight to overcome. I don't think it's gonna happen.

Right now, I go with Hurd, and I'm a big Spence fan.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                      There is no denying that Spence shows impeccable body work, like I said though; and it’s my honest opinion, Spence is very susceptible to those inside uppercuts. I could see Hurd baiting the energy out of Spence, if possible. Truth be told I believe it would be a better fight than Charlo vs Hurd. Just one man’s opinion

Comment

Working...
                      X