Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the better pure boxer crawford or spence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
    why???????
    Crawford is more of an elite boxer, both at southpaw and orthodox and has a significantly higher boxing IQ. The only benifit Spence has is size and power.

Comment

I won't feel like I can answer this until they face each other. Crawford is the more fluid mover and has faster feet and faster hands. I'm confident of that. That said Crawford is far from perfect as a technical boxer and he uses his quickness to compensate for that.. Spence is extremely good technically but he's slower.. There are many reasons why this is the best matchup in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Spence is the better boxer and the harder puncher with a much higher word rate. 1085 punches thrown and 345 punches landed on Mikey.
        Yeah 1085 against a guy who was way shorter naturally smaller and shorter reach and also who barely threw and couldnt hurt him at all and stood in front of him all night. He wont do even close vs a dude that will be moving all over the ring and who will have a 2 inch reach advantage and is a switch hitter.

Comment

Crawford gat like 20% extra skills

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Crawford is more of an elite boxer, both at southpaw and orthodox and has a significantly higher boxing IQ. The only benifit Spence has is size and power.
            I'll disagree. Benavidez Jr. showed me the holes in TC's set. I think Crawford's IQ is high in the sense that he knows how and when to turn it on but in terms of execution he relies heavily on his speed and agility.

There were various times when Jose was hitting Crawford with two and three power shots in an exchange and Crawford was landing nothing. You would never see something like that happening to someone truly on the level like Pernell or Floyd or Loma. Never.

Comment

I think both haven't reached they peak yet.which is pretty scary.both are strong in different areas.but for the most part both of them have god given talent.it would actually be pretty sad to see them fight each other because one of them has to lose.i feel the same way about a.j and wilder

Comment

It comes more naturally to Crawford. He can spend one second in a round boxing and then switch it up and go back to boxing again. With Spence it looks like he is either doing one thing or the other. He is combining things better than before, but it's still not as natural to him as it is for Crawford

Comment

People will say Crawford automatically but I'm not too sure. Crawford fights from both stances, is extremely creative, and has a lot of tools in his toolbox. However, Spence has showed a multitude of dimensions and is a guy that hasn't been pushed to show his best stuff which is scary.

Furthermore, Spence's victories over Garcia and Brook are better than anything on Crawford's resume. So there's that.

Both are pretty evenly matched. People will say Crawford is the better boxer but Spence is pretty close. On the other hand, many will often say that Spence is the harder hitter when Crawford can himself can bang as well. Wil be a hell of a fight one day.
                  Last edited by _original_; 03-19-2019, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                    I'll disagree. Benavidez Jr. showed me the holes in TC's set. I think Crawford's IQ is high in the sense that he knows how and when to turn it on but in terms of execution he relies heavily on his speed and agility.

There were various times when Jose was hitting Crawford with two and three power shots in an exchange and Crawford was landing nothing. You would never see something like that happening to someone truly on the level like Pernell or Floyd or Loma. Never.
                    Jose was significantly bigger than Crawford, and Crawford always gets touched in the earlier rounds until he downloads all of his opponents info. Jose was 4 inches taller, so that alone was going to give Bud some trouble as he’d never faced someone with that size difference

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      Jose was significantly bigger than Crawford, and Crawford always gets touched in the earlier rounds until he downloads all of his opponents info. Jose was 4 inches taller, so that alone was going to give Bud some trouble as he’d never faced someone with that size difference
                      Oh no the size thing again now?

Comment

Working...
                      X