Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua vs. Wilder-Fury Winner is Being Pursued By Saudi Arabia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua vs. Wilder-Fury Winner is Being Pursued By Saudi Arabia

Eddie Hearn, promoter for IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, has revealed that a "huge site offer" has been presented from Saudi Arabia to stage a unification between Joshua and the winner of the upcoming fight between WBC champion Deontay Wilder and challenger Tyson Fury.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just seen it on twitter.Eddie Hearn confident that it may tempt the winner to fight Joshua as well.I think it might as well if the money is right:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1220369678557753346

Comment

Must be £100 million each

Comment

I thought Wilder and Fury had agreed to a trilogy fight after their February fight. Regardless, Joshua vs the winner with a 50/50 split (on everything) I think is a fair deal for both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
          I thought Wilder and Fury had agreed to a trilogy fight after their February fight. Regardless, Joshua vs the winner with a 50/50 split (on everything) I think is a fair deal for both sides.
          Only a moron would say 50/50 is fair. Even if that is what it requires to get the cowards in the ring it isn't fair. One fighter is a much bigger draw.

Comment

This Will Only Work If.....

There is a third fight clause for Wilder against Fury that has to be considered. A scenario that might work for Wilder and Fury is that the winner of their fight fights Joshua next with the loser of their fight receiving substantial step away money. In addition there could be a clause that states that either Joshua or his conqueror fight either Fury or Wilder next. Sounds square to me with a lot of money to be made on all the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
              Must be £100 million each
              Frighting the money floating about in Saudi Arabia and the lengths they will go to get the top sports events hosted over there.

For me I think its a good thing though.At least the Saudis want what every boxing fan wants eg likes of Fury/Wilder/Joshua fighting each other and not just competent boxers of the ilk of Pulev.

Comment

eddie knows there's a rematch clause and the winner is unlikely to be available.

eddie knows nobody outside of england and bulgaria cares about joshua vs pulev, so he has to keep mentioning wilder and fury to garner headlines.

Comment

We all know this is just posturing.

Joshua has to try to keep or win back both his belts with the IBF/WBO mandos, Wilder has 2 Fury fights and then a Whyte mando

Comment

I remember when posters here said there's no way SA could host this fight.

And so it begins lmao!

Comment

Working...
                    X