No announcement yet.

Dumbest fight plans ever!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by princemanspoper View Post
    No he wasn't,he was down on all scorecards and the knockdown was never counted

I think it speaks volumes to how weak Riddick Bowe's chin was

Bowe had a suspect chin then ?

He was never Ko'ed.

Comment

Hi Prince, my post about Akinwande was meant tongue in cheek! Akinwande's performance was clearly the most disgraceful, cowardly display in 1990s heavyweight boxing!

Comment

Oh and it was no shame for Bowe to be shook by a prime Herbie Hide's punches. Two things Hide never lacked were speed and power, ask Tony Tucker and Michael Bentt.

Bowe's chin was pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
          Joe Frazier vs George Foreman 2 was an amusing one. Joe obviously thought he could emulate Ali's win and starts by dancing, hitting and moving and after a few rounds of still being dominated trying this he tried to rope a dope and counter! No suprise that he didn't see the sixth round!!!
          Lol, his fight plan in their 1st fight may have been worse. Walking right into Georges power zone was horrible strategy.

Comment

Yea neither was too clever, but Frazier probably felt invincible in 1973, being unbeaten and Foreman being the underdog. He should have known better in 1976.

Comment

To be fair I don't think there was any strategy Frazier could have used to beat Foreman.

He fought with his usual style in 1973 and nearly got killed. He tried to use footwork, head movement and counter punching to confuse Foreman in 1976 and went a couple of more rounds.

I don't think he was in the best possible shape for either of them, especially the second fight. Don't see the point in Frazier coming in at nearly 230 lbs.

Comment

Hatton Pac takes the biscuit.. After surviving the 1st round, you'd have thought he'd have tried to raise his guard a little, instead of putting his chin on a plate..
                Another one that amazed me was Thompson Eubank2.. Can't remember the round, but Eubank decked Thompson quite heavily.. He took a count, raised himself on groggy legs, & just stood in the corner waiting for Chris to finish him off.. Eubank just did his Charles Atlas impression & waited for him to recover.. Real strange, as he went on to get stopped with a badly closed eye..
                Last edited by mickey malone; 07-21-2009, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I'm so suprised that Floyd senior didn't warn Hatton about the right hook which had been catching him all round one in between rounds. Not that it mattered seeing as Ricky was KO'd with a left. No survival instinct at all, he should have covered up and got on his bike a bit in round two!

It was actually the first Thompson fight where the knockdown occurred, Eubank's uppercut which decked him was so beautifully timed. We all know that Eubank was haunted by Michael Watson demons, no suprise he didn't try to finish Thompson off.

Both fights showed that Eubank was clearly the more tallented. I'll never forget Eubank crying at receiving so many cheers from the crowd before the second fight started. The poor sod barely got a cheer when he was winning.....and those eye injuries were nasty.

Comment

I think it speaks volumes to how weak Riddick Bowe's chin was[/QUOTE]

are u serious? bowe was never KOd in his whole career. his chin was good if not great. certainly not weak.

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    Joe Frazier vs George Foreman 2 was an amusing one. Joe obviously thought he could emulate Ali's win and starts by dancing, hitting and moving and after a few rounds of still being dominated trying this he tried to rope a dope and counter! No suprise that he didn't see the sixth round!!!
                    your a tool. he was far from dominated. he fought a stylistic nightmare and did what he had too, adjust.

joe didnt fight badly at all, george just had too much power.

Comment

I make a point of not calling anyone names Assassin. Calling me a 'tool' is juvenile.

Frazier didn't win a round in Foreman 2, he tried to copy a blue print from Ali, who was in everyway a stylistic and physically much physically different fighter. It was ridiculous that he even entertained the notion of dancing and moving and then rope a doping.

Granted Frazier landed some good left hooks during the fight and looked entertaining whilst slipping some of George's punches, he was a great heavyweight but come on it was a daft strategy.

Comment

Working...
                      X