No announcement yet.

Canelo: “Always support the Mexican”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    This. Patriotism is fine but there's too many boxing fans (especially on this forum) that find they have to be racist or xenophobic because they think that's part of backing their guy or their kind.

It's why we have the dumbest fans in sports bar none and why I'm basically done posting here.
    Please don't quit posting. I like your posts and wish there were more posters like you on here.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      You support Dillian Whyte though.
      He's not Mexican though.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
        I'm talking about regular welfare cashing blacks like yourself that support that illiterate, woman beating thug.

You people have supported drug addicts (Whittaker) rapists (Tyson) and wife cheaters (The entire NBA), and so don't come over here with this holier than thou nonsense.

Explain how De la Hoya is a pedophile. Mexicans don't like him.

And a black guy (you) complaining about another man not taking care of his kids? Really? You want to go there? You want to start posting statistics of single mothers and what race is more likely to run out on their kids?
        Your entire post is ******ed and you have the nerve to call someone illiterate when you can barely form a proper sentence. Lol. I’m not explaining anything to you. You know the truth. You can post any statistics you want as long as you post Mexico’s also. My point was that even though Oscar has committed all those transgressions Mexicans still love him. You’ve now turned this into something totally irrelevant. What tf does welfare have to do with this? Lmao.

Comment

Boxing IS thriving in America... It’s just not all American boxers are and it’s because...for every Mikey Garcia, you have a Spence who fights in a loaded division but hasn’t managed to snag a single fight with them and no one becomes interested in the guy looking two divisions down instead of up. Spence is spectacular, love him...but I’m going to follow whoever he fights regardless. The average person doesnt get excited for just anyone and any fights that arent even considered exciting to the “hardcore” fan.

It’s not enough to JUST be a good fighter.

For every Charlo, Spence, and to a slightly lesser extent, Crawford, you have just one Canelo. While they are okay with just preserving their “image” and wasting away fighting no hopers for their own benefit (make your money, bruh, I aint mad), they just expect for people to care though. The diffence with all the cash cows, Oscar, Floyd, Pac, now Canelo has been that sure, they’ll give use some of the blowouts, but they’ll also toss in big risky fights and establish themselves as the best in their division or at least fight them. While Canelo was fighting the best fighter of his previous generation at a catchweight, at 21 years old (or whatever) the others are still not putting their money where their mouth is and have horrendously disproportionate resumes in comparison to the good fighters from other countries.

Why do you think guys like Usyk and Loma get so much fanfare? Because they come in and walk the walk. They try to take the best available at times and not just be comfortable fighting fringe guys for 10 years.

Bottom line is, the guys from other countries are giving us what we want. Maybe not always or every single time out, but sometimes. Enough times.

If you cant even excite the hardcore fan, you wont excite the “casual”. Sure, Jermall is good...but I’m not making plans around that night and because he keeps having these type of events, no one else is willing to either.

Yeah, Spence is awesome..but people are watching for the huge underdog and see if he can pull it off. If you’re Spence, you want people to be watching that fight for different reasons. Mikey has the right idea, that’s why he’s getting props for it.

Andre Ward dominated a division with impunity by beating all the good fighters there. GGG did the same til someone else (Canelo) beat hik narrowly. Lomachenko can’t land a better fight at 26? Goes to 130. No one there is “ready”? Moves to 35.

Mikey can’t fight Loma next? Who else is a boogy man? Have to go all the way to 47? F uck it. Does it.

Ward gets called out enough times and he fought Kovalev. Agree with it or not, but he fought and was underappreciated because of a lack of charisma.

You have these other guys who arent the most charismatic guys to ever live AND they don’t fight? Gee, I wonder why all these other guys are loved by their country and are willing to support them yet our fighters in the states are not...

Make your fans care, and you’ll usually get new fans. It’s not rocket science. If you’re a dull ass dude, you better be extra good.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Please don't quit posting. I like your posts and wish there were more posters like you on here.
            I like most of his posts too even though we’ve disagreed many times. I can tell Chris is a good guy.
            Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 11-14-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              https://youtu.be/SoxPy09VlYQ

Personally, I think all Americans should support American fighters no matter what color they are but American fighters get the most hate in their own country. I think Boxing in America would thrive if we supported each other. We have the most money and they best platforms it’s no reason why Boxing shouldn’t be thriving like the 80s in America.
              I know it sounds a little racist but how do you boxing fans feel about Canelo saying this?

Too many differences between Americans. Someone from California acts/talks and believes in different ideologies when compared to a country boy from the midwest or a southerner.

Also, there are a lot of ethnic differences.

A Filipino American born in the states won't in a million years root for a fellow American if he's up against Pacquaio. Bradley and the Filipino American might speak the same language, have a lot in common, maybe even share a home town, but the Filipino is not going to pull for the American guy. Nationalism is strong and takes generations to fade out.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I am an American boxing fan and a big Canelo fan. I don't agree that you must always support a boxer from your country over a boxer from another country. Boxing is a sport of individuals not teams or countries and I don't think nationalism should be a part of it to any great extent. I always root for the fighter I like best as a fighter and as a person no matter what country he is from. Some of my favorite fighters are Americans and I don't like some American boxers. I rooted for Canelo to beat every American he fought just as I rooted for Trinidad and GGG to beat every American they ever fought. I rooted for Lewis to beat Tyson. I'll always root for my favorite American boxers like Spence. I'll never root for an American jack ass like Broner.
                I agree with you bro. Excellent post. It just seems like America boxing would be even bigger if we supported the fighters more. Wilder is hated by many Americans and many of them love AJ though. It’s just weird.

Canelo comment kind of made me feel dumb though because I’ve supported him and picked him when he fought guys like Trout Lara and Kirkland. I use to root for the HBO Broner he’s turned into a idiot since then. I’m a bigger Omar Figueroa fan than Broner I picked him to beat Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  This. Patriotism is fine but there's too many boxing fans (especially on this forum) that find they have to be racist or xenophobic because they think that's part of backing their guy or their kind.

It's why we have the dumbest fans in sports bar none and why I'm basically done posting here.
                  Thank god, one less eastern euro wannabe on this site!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                    Thank god, one less wannabe eastern euro on this site!

One less real boxing fan too. I post more in other places with real boxing fans not casuals like you who perpetuate racism. Casuals (like you) are all over this site and many are racist/xenophobic (like you).

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                      when you say support American fighters you mean black ones so you the same as canelo. one is member of La Raza the other member of black panthers where both say f#ck whitey
                      This is exactly what I’m talking about.
                      I mean any fighter that is American. How are you going to tell me what I meant? Caleb Plant is one of the coolest fighters I have ever met and Omar Figueroa is one of my favorite fighters so Wtf are you talking about? What is La Raza and who is a member of the Black Panthers? The black panthers don’t even exist anymore from my knowledge they were disbanded by the FBI.

Comment

Working...
                      X