Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts on Charlo vs Harrison... It's more competitive than people think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on Charlo vs Harrison... It's more competitive than people think

I haven't seen Harrison vs Smith, but if the Harrison that showed up against Hurd and prior is present, this fight should be pretty interesting. Harrison is taller than Jackson and has better movement. If you've seen the Charlo vs Jackson fight, you'd know that one of Jermell's achilles heels is someone that is tall/rangy and fights on the back foot.

Harrison can box pretty good and has solid respectable power. His chin just falls a part after the 6th round.

Another interesting tidbit about this fight is I think Jermell's right hook will be somewhat neutralized. Jermell has a good right hand against Southpaws, but the way he throws the right hand against orthodox fighters is a bit different and I think Harrison can neutralize it.

The smart money is on Charlo, of course, but I will be curious to see how Charlo matches up against a larger opponent with length and good boxing ability.

The early rounds will tell me a lot that I need to know about Jermell

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    The early rounds will tell me a lot that I need to know about Jermell
    It's the later rounds you need the worry about. Super Bad usually does good early on it's later on is when he goes down hill. See Willie Nelson and Hurd fights.

Comment

ahahahhaahhahhahahahhahaa. Come on man, Charlo's only fight bums.

Comment

His a champion he needs to fight top 10 guys. Fight is wack.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
          It's the later rounds you need the worry about. Super Bad usually does good early on it's later on is when he goes down hill. See Willie Nelson and Hurd fights.
          You missed my point.

I'm not evaluating Tony Harrison late. I know how he ends up. I'm evaluating Charlo early, because Harrison is good early; it's Charlo that's under the microscope here; not Harrison.

Comment

It could potentially be a competitive fight. Jermell has been outboxed in spots before. The Jermall Charlo vs Monroe fight is just awful though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              You missed my point.

I'm not evaluating Tony Harrison late. I know how he ends up. I'm evaluating Charlo early, because Harrison is good early; it's Charlo that's under the microscope here; not Harrison.
              We've seen him perform poorly early (Jackson) and still come out on top and perform excellent early (Lubin) and get him out before the start of the second round.

I actually think it will be a fire fight early on because Jermell wants to nake a statement. And because Harrison fades I see it ending around 9 or 10.

Comment

So the hype machine begins....

Comment

Jackson was outboxing him and if he had a chin he would have won. Once charlos faces someone that can outbox him with a chin he'll lose, but harrison's chin is weak.

Comment

I agree. I think some people never actually watched him fight

Comment

Working...
                    X