Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The days of total American boxing domination are over with!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
    It's the same risk/reward mindset as boxing politics.

Why get beat up and earn less when you can be a prima donna football player and earn more? There are 50 players on a football squad with 30 teams. A much higher chance of going pro and, more importantly, if you dont make it pro - most athletes dont - you wont be as damaged in football than you would in boxing.

Football is also more popular socially which helps in college years when you want easiest vag/head possible...football captain or boxer?? I know which one I'd rather be from a "getting access to cheerleader boxes" perspective
    Every other country has the same. 50 players on 30 teams is nothing compared to the amount of pro soccer teams/players that get paid very well. Americans just not wanting to give other countries credit. Maybe they should go create a combat sport only they compete in to make them feel better.

Comment

Yeah forget about Spence, Bud, Thurman, Mikey G, Hurd, Wilder, Porter, Prograis, the Charlo brothers, Benavidez, Miller, Browne, Andrade, Jacobs, G Davis, lmao. And Bud is the best pfp fighter today. Yeah American boxing is going down the drain lmao...

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
        Even if other countries do most Americans will just downplay it and act like they don’t exist.

And this is coming from an American.

Bottom line is the days of srl, hagler, Holyfield etc are gone in America, certain boxing styles have really hurt the sport in the states.
        What happens is that they turn out decent fighters but then want to rush to put them on those high pedestals.

That's not how it works. Legend status has to be earned through legendary accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          The thing you miserable, jealous mofos need to understand is that Americans don't give a shyt. We love international fighters like Pac, GG, Loma, etc. It's only you guys who try to create this US vs other narrative. And, a few Americans decide to troll you so you make butthurt threads like this.
          This right here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            What happens is that they turn out decent fighters but then want to rush to put them on those high pedestals.

That's not how it works. Legend status has to be earned through legendary accomplishments.
            Sho, Pac face first aka face splat fans don't own an opinion on boxing anymore. They rarely post here anymore lol. Nowadays theyve resorted to what you've quoted. In Laymens terms to the cry baby Pac fans: Floyd boxed instead or brawling which angered Pac's fans to this day, lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Every other country has the same. 50 players on 30 teams is nothing compared to the amount of pro soccer teams/players that get paid very well. Americans just not wanting to give other countries credit. Maybe they should go create a combat sport only they compete in to make them feel better.
              I want to know what is your financial opinion on all this

Comment

I am an American boxing fan and have been one for many many years. I understand America no longer dominates boxing and it doesn't bother me a bit. I have always either liked or disliked boxers based on what kind of fighter they are and to a lesser degree what kind of person they are. Where they live has nothing to do with how much I like them. A good fighter could come from outer Mongolia and I would like him just as much as if he was an American. I don't like fighters just because they are American and I can't stand some of them. I am a huge fan of the 4 non American top 5 pound for pound boxers you listed and also a huge fan of GGG who is at the top of my personal PFP top 10 best list. They all help to make boxing a great sport.

Comment

What's with this , "Mikey reps Mexico" crap lol. That's false. Mikey is as Mexican as ODLH. Hes never really been accepted by Mexicans. Hes an American boxing star

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
                    Americans need to understand boxing is a international sport and not a american sport that only they play & dominate like american football & basketball! Top international sports like boxing & soccer/football are not dominated by Americans!

Today 4 of the Top 5 P4P boxers are non american.

- Canelo (Mexico)
                    - Usyk (Ukraine)
                    - Lomachenko (Ukraine)
                    - Inoue (Japan)
                    Why are you singling out America? Are you from Mexico? What does YOUR country dominate? America still is home to some of the best fighters in the world. Canelo won’t even fight in Mexico he’s basically American. America does dominate boxing, you named 4 boxers from three different locations that doesn’t prove nothing at all. Crawford Garcia Andrade Prograis Spence Thurman Wilder Charlo Jacobs Hurd.
                    All American champions and p4p is subjective not many people have Inoue in their top 5. Canelo was dominated by a small old American
                    Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 11-12-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      But the rest of the world didn't dominate boxing for 100 years then suddenly stop. Coincidentally at the same time that the NFL and NBA exploded in popularity.
                      I don't believe the NFL and NBA drained our country of boxing talent. Boxing is a very different sport and a great ball player probably would not have been a great boxer if he had decided to be a boxer instead. Not one single American heavyweight boxing champion in history would have been good enough at football or basketball to play pro ball. Every great basketball and football player who went into boxing failed to make the top. What kind of football or basketball player would short armed Marciano have made at 5 foot 10 and 184 pounds. How about Ali who ran the 100 yard dash in a slow 13 seconds.
                      Boxing is so different with such different skills required.

Comment

Working...
                      X