No announcement yet.

Demetrius Andrade looking big for Saunders fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
    Damn looking damn good - I'd say he weighs anywhere from 176(80kg)-190 in this video - I'd wager closer to 176ish / LHW. Can't forget Andrade is a natural light middleweight moving up to MW very recently, he is tall, but his frame isn't what I'd describe as being 'big', nor 'small', just average sized frame.

What I'm more eager to know is if Andrade is going to change up stylistically at MW now that he has extra muscle and strength.

Really hoping he pulls through and beats BJS, I can't stand the guy. Gun to head though I have a bad feeling BJS is going to outclass him in a shutout, basically a worst case scenario
    He's hit 30 years old which is exactly the age most fighters move up to their 'natural' weightclass as the cut gets more difficult to make. He's 6'1" and ain't a beanpole - his 'natural' weightclass would be expected to be 160 or 168... what's unnatural is draining to make 154 with that height and build.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 09-21-2018, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
      It's one of these very rare fights for me when I actively dislike a fighter so much I want to see them punished, and knowing my luck the opposite will happen.
      This is exactly what ive been thinking. The time he fought Eubank was the first time id ever rooted for Chris, but i had a feeling Saunders would nick it an he did. People like him have uncanny good fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Too stupid to embed. Sorry, fellas....
        How do u embed lol

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
          Andrade is better than Andy Lee and Saunders-Lee was very very competitive, that said BJS has clearly improved since then. Andrade too me is still an enigma, looks great most of the time but then gets a SD against an unknown. We'll see what kind of Andrade shows up.
          Yeah

Andrade would need to be 5x better than he was v Culcay to even be competitive with Saunders.

Saunders has had his own bad/average performances but it's because he didn't take it seriously, coming into fights half fit and dropping loads of weight. Those days are well behind him now though, now he's focused and ready.

should be a good fight.

Comment

I think boo boo will pull this off.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              I think boo boo will pull this off.
              I do too.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                How do u embed lol
                I just found out how to

Comment

2 things which i think will make a difference on fight-night, and which will mean a victory for Saunders:

1) 4 of Saunder's last 5 opponents have been southpaws, whereas Andrade hasn't fought a southpaw in years

2) Why did Andrade split with Virgil way back anyway?? I don't really recall what happened there, but I know he has stuck with his dad - can sometimes be a good thing, but i wonder if this has limited him in some ways. On the other hand, Billy joe has had the benefit of two very experienced pro-trainers, Tibbs & Ingle

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    I just found out how to
                    So how lol

Comment

Should be a good fight. Dude looks in great shape.

Comment

Working...
                      X