Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprised that there isn't much hype for Sor Rungvisai vs Estrada II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its ultimately a lil guy fight. Sure boxing is boxing to SOME degree, but you are lying to yourself if you think the masses care as much for certain big fights in certain divisions as others.

Even fights in historical Euro/UK friendly divisions like 168 & 200 seem to hold less appeal with many US fans despite them being in obviously 2 of the biggest divisions. Lil guy fights hold less appeal to even a good segment of hardcore fans. Womens boxing holds no appeal to many of the hardest of hardcore fans I'd even go so far to say. Is what it is.

Comment

Ain't gonna lie. This shows how good Tom was at promoting these smaller guys. Ain't really no buzz for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Ain't gonna lie. This shows how good Tom was at promoting these smaller guys. Ain't really no buzz for this one.
        Tons of tickets left too. Tom used to sell out the place with these smaller guys

Comment

Midget fights never get a lot of hype. But this is the best matchup of the year so far.

Comment

Wasn't much hype for the first one because "So Called Hardcore Boxing Fans" don't care about smaller Division either which is really unfortunately. Also NO HBO! This sport misses HBO more than fans want to admit it.

Anyway both fighters would be in My Top 10 P4P Ranking if I had one! Huge fan of Estrada, I think he find a way to take this one. Respected Sor Power and Size way too much in that 1st Fight. I think he can Out-Box him but also be more aggressive this time while avoiding taking too much of Sor Power

Excellent Fight no doubt! Estrada evens this one up 1-1
            Last edited by sicko; 04-25-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Tons of tickets left too. Tom used to sell out the place with these smaller guys
              Their first fight sold 7,000 tickets.

Comment

It is on DANZ, limited audience. If it was on the defunct HBO they would be more hype.

Good matchup

Comment

I'm out of town all weekend and won't be able to watch it live. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    Boxing "fans" on here prefer talking about gossip instead of actual great fights that are happening...

I got Estrada man. I think Rungvisai breaking up with his girlfriend took something out of him.
                    Its sorta ironic you dogging mfers for gossip bs, but then are making a fight prediction based seemingly partially on SSR breaking up with his gf LOL.

Randomly is that legit? Was this wifey material & he's all f#cked up or something or is this chick the Robin Givens of SSR's life & destroyed him in other ways?

I personally favor SSR. I think he's a bricksh^thouse at 115 & I love his aggression. But I don't love that JFE was coming on late in the first fight like maybe he figured out SSR a lil bit & the start of this 13th round could be a continuation of that figuring out he had done. I'll be super curious to see how those first few rounds go for that reason. If SSR starts out strong builds up a lead like last time I think it'll be a repeat of the first fight with it being close again or maybe SSR distancing himself better if JFE can't adapt later on.

Comment

I'm juiced for this fight. I expect fireworks. Thinking Sor by KO in 6

Comment

Working...
                      X