Collapse
No announcement yet.

AEW, finally the WWE is getting some REAL competition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think WWE is much more entertaining than Ring of Honor and the other low budget stuff.

The fake anger and fake feuds and fake fighting are funny as hell and entertaining to watch.

Comment

AEW is exactly what wrestling needs. Hopefully, it won't be PG and hopefully the wrestlers will have more control over what they do.
      I still think they need Kenny Omega to really succeed though. It'd be great if the could get Punk involved too.

Comment

Heard that HBO has been filming a documentary about AEW getting put together. Maybe they'll be interested in picking it up.

Comment

Let's hope. I really miss hardcore wrestling so I hope they have some good stipulation matches as well. It's definitely possible to compete with WWE but it's important to stay true to your origins and what makes you different.

TNA was fuuuuuckin badass until like somebody said they brought hogan, bishoff, and ric falir. They went from new and exciting to trying too hard to be a WWE ripoff even losing the 6 sided ring.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
            Rumours that they are about to sign a deal to go on TNT

Chris Jericho has signed

All the best indie talent in the game

WWE ratings are at record lows

Several WWE stars have supposedly reached out to AEW

WWE lost the signiture of Kenny Omega (the worlds best indie star) to AEW

WWE has been stagnant for near a decade, i think finally they are about to get taken on by a new promotion who may actually have the ability to really take it to them
            I'm excited about AEW but they won't be competition unless they can attract the casual fan base. They'll need to put money into production value like WCW did or they'll just be another indy fed like ROH.

Comment

They'll probably do fine as they have a big backer BUT all of these wrestling promotions BLEED money. They'd have to charge the fans a lot of money, have a sell out in a good sized arena to probably break even. The only show which actually makes money is WWE and thats mainly due to 1) merch 2) tv money. Even they struggle with live gates.

Wrestling just isn't even close to where it was even 10 years ago. New Japan Pro Wrestling is actually interesting due to the talent and because they have their own Japanese production style take on it which is pretty cool as it suits wrestling more.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                Rumours that they are about to sign a deal to go on TNT

Chris Jericho has signed

All the best indie talent in the game

WWE ratings are at record lows

Several WWE stars have supposedly reached out to AEW

WWE lost the signiture of Kenny Omega (the worlds best indie star) to AEW

WWE has been stagnant for near a decade, i think finally they are about to get taken on by a new promotion who may actually have the ability to really take it to them
                thats what happens when you shove john cena down throats for years....

then cena slowly goes away.... other stars emerge....

and then they start shoving roman reigns down your throats.....

now hes gone (will be back for more throat shoving)

and the feuds are getting very, very predictable.

and imo the staff writing still sucks

Comment

Garbage entertainment. Pro Wrestling is not a sport. It’s a boring highly scripted affair only the lowest of the low enjoys.

Comment

I used to love wrestling as a kid but how can any grownup boxing fan enjoying a fake ass wrestling? Lol im not saying Wrestlers dont get injured but it’s scripted, it’s fake.

I used to watch some during the attitude era But today’s wrestling sucks.

Comment

Haven't been into wrestling in forever, but as with most things the millennial generation looks to pretty much have ruined it.

The nwo/attitude era will never be seen again.

Comment

Working...
                      X