Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gillette lectures customers about "toxic masculinity", backfires horribly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge fail imo, at least nike has a huge urban target market which meant their kapernik ad wasn't a huge disaster as imagined. Most of these liberal hipsters either don't shave/don't close shave or don't have enough testosterone to be shaving anyway. To be fair i don't know any young person who close shaves these days, just go to the barber for a shapeup or stubble.

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
      Huge fail imo, at least nike has a huge urban target market which meant their kapernik ad wasn't a huge disaster as imagined. Most of these liberal hipsters either don't shave/don't close shave or don't have enough testosterone to be shaving anyway. To be fair i don't know any young person who close shaves these days, just go to the barber for a shapeup or stubble.
      Yeah and I mean the anthem/kneeling drama was only related to people in the US.. rest of the world didn't really care

Gillette on the other hand literally insulted the majority of its customer base

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post

Link:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koPmuEyP3a0

10k likes, 104k dislikes in 1 day, way to alienate your customers. Tons of comments roasting them, my favorite being "my wife's boyfriend loves this vid" lmao, as well as TONS of customers saying they'll no longer buy their product.

They may have just lost tens of millions of dollars with this ad, some of those razors aren't cheap and there are a lot of loyal customers that have been buying them for years. If another shaving company is smart they could easily make a counter video and steal up all those customers.
        "The boys watching today will be the women of tomorrow"

Comment

That was bad.

Not only did it go full on SJW, they never cited their product.

Why companies who try and appeal to a wide customer base get political/activist is beyond me.

Yes, one side of the political spectrum might give you accolades, but you just isolated half of your prospective (and current) customers.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            lmao at having a white guy doing the catcalling.
            Saw that, too. It looks even awkward in the ad. I have never seen white guys do that, unless they are construction workers just having a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
              Is there another brand for disposable razors that's as good or better than gilette?

I don't want to support this garbage lol.

I've been using gilette since high school, I've tried other brands but none are as sharp.
              I stopped using Gillette a while back; using Harry's now. They are ok. Harry's Shave club. Real cheap; give a decent shave and I have medium to coarse facial hair.

DO NOT use the ones that Brett Farve shills for....the dollar shave club. They seriously suck, unless you want to scrape skin off your face.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
                Is that the shim who went nuts in that Game Stop?

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                  Is there another brand for disposable razors that's as good or better than gilette?

I don't want to support this garbage lol.

I've been using gilette since high school, I've tried other brands but none are as sharp.
                  use this:

its the only thing that touches my face.....

and a pack of 10 (which is two blades in one that you split up so its more like 20) razors to use

oh and those razors only cost me like $2

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    Get a good double-edge razor & soap brush. You will never go back to disposables once you learn traditional shaving.
                    yup ive been doing that for years

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                      "The boys watching today will be the women of tomorrow"

Funny but true.

Comment

Working...
                      X