Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara Picks Charlo Over Golovkin, Canelo Over Hurd, Talks Castano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
    I agree with Lara. But he is such a sore loser. Lmao
    yep, but all these guys at the highest level are

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      If Haymon had that much power, Danny Jacobs would've got the decision over GGG, but he didn't, because Haymon does NOT have it like that! GGG vs. Charlo is a 50/50 fight because GGG is 36!
      wasn't korobov 36 and look how charlo struggled against him, ggg is better than korobov.., don't tell me nothing about korobov being short notice or a southpaw.. a champ is meant to be ready for anything and anyone at anytime

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
        wasn't korobov 36 and look how charlo struggled against him, ggg is better than korobov.., don't tell me nothing about korobov being short notice or a southpaw.. a champ is meant to be ready for anything and anyone at anytime
        He did struggle, and he did win! I think the same would happen, if he fought GGG or Jacobs, but I think Canelo might be too good for him. I also think, after seeing Korobov and Trout, that Andrade would probably give Charlo more trouble than anyone, and he should be calling him out as we speak!

Comment

Lara is the biggest sore loser and excuse maker. lol Every fight he loses he screams I dominated the fight. Every fight he gets booed he makes excuses and calls fans idiots for not appreciating it. Man talked his way into a Canelo PPV and crapped the bed literally sprinting away from Canelo all fight long. There have been fights since where he headlined and fans literally got up and walked out during his fights and by the time it ended the crowds were half the size then when his fight started. And he never takes accountability for any of it.

You lost the Canelo fight because you refused to fight in the pocket and got almost doubled up in power shots. You tried to run and occasionally pot shot and thought you would be rewarded for that nonsense. Against Hurd either because of criticism or age you did the opposite and fought Hurd in the pocket took punishment and got dropped almost knocked out. That knockdown cost you the Hurd fight and running cost you the Canelo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            Lara has been on the wrong end of more bad decisions than anyone I can think of. Imagine how different his career would be perceived with wins over Paul Williams, Canelo and Hurd.
            Badou Jack?

He legitimately lost to Hurd tho. Just because a fight isn't a landslide doesn't mean there wasn't a clear victory.
            Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
            "Fighters dont avoid other fighters, its politics that determine that". Thats worth bearing in mind for the tough guys on this site, who call fighters cowards despite the risks of the sport. You're just projecting the way you'd feel about getting in the ring it's safe to say.
            If that's the case he wouldn't have said Andrade priced himself out to fight him. His statement isn't entirely true.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
              Hmm, did it remind you of the Canelo vs GGG first fight when Canelo was back pedaling and boxing? GGG fans argued that he deserved the fight due to his effective aggression, the same as Canelo fans did vs Lara.

Lara deserved the win vs Canelo, plain and simple. It was a close fight, but both the punch stats and Lara making Canelo look stupid so often should have decided it. Many of Canelo's shots didn't even land. As usual, one judge gave basically all the rounds to Canelo. Reminded me of the one judge calling Canelo vs Floyd a draw. Paying judges must cost GBP a lot of money.
              https://youtu.be/RSQSBApEzy4

Comment

GGG surely lost the rematch to Canelo, basically because he chose to box instead of fight. After months of begging Canelo to stand and fight him he chose to box off his back foot and he lost because of it. However, if GGG fights Charlo I think the game plan he used against Canelo would actually be perfect against Charlo as Charlo will have a very hard time against an experienced fighter who will utilize a consistent jab throughout the fight. Canelo dealt with GGG's jab very well, but I do not think Charlo has the experience or capability to disarm GGG's jab. GGG might very well get a late rd ko. The question is does GGG's management have the confidence to allow GGG to make the fight.

As for Hurd, his straight forward style (and lack of quality defense he employs) in order to use his size to pressure and land his own punches will backfire and work into Canelo's strengths. For example, Hurd likes to keep his hands high while getting inside and he also keeps them high when working inside. This will make him susceptible to Canelo's vicious body attack, Plus Canelo's combination of body shoot then uppercut and body shot plus hook on the inside will chew Hurd up alive. Canelo is a great inside fighter and his punches will be shorter and faster than Hurds. Canelo will get an 8-9rd stoppage of Hurd by accumulation of body shots. Hurd will eventually cave in and a ko is in store, possibly a corner or ref stoppage is also a strong possibility.
                Last edited by jdp28tx; 01-07-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
                  GGG surely lost the rematch to Canelo, basically because he chose to box instead of fight. After months of begging Canelo to stand and fight him he chose to box off his back foot and he lost because of it. However, if GGG fights Charlo I think the game plan he used against Canelo would actually be perfect against Charlo as Charlo will have a very hard time against an experienced fighter who will utilize a consistent jab throughout the fight. Canelo dealt with GGG's jab very well, but I do not think Charlo has the experience or capability to disarm GGG's jab. GGG might very well get a late rd ko. The question is does GGG's management have the confidence to allow GGG to make the fight.

As for Hurd, his straight forward style (and lack of quality defense he employs) in order to use his size to pressure and land his own punches will backfire and work into Canelo's strengths. For example, Hurd likes to keep his hands high while getting inside and he also keeps them high when working inside. This will make him susceptible to Canelo's vicious body attack, Plus Canelo's combination of body shoot then uppercut and body shot plus hook on the inside will chew Hurd up alive. Canelo is a great inside fighter and his punches will be shorter and faster than Hurds. Canelo will get an 8-9rd stoppage of Hurd by accumulation of body shots. Hurd will eventually cave in and a ko is in store, possibly a corner or ref stoppage is also a strong possibility.
                  100% agree with your analysis on Canelo vs. Hurd. Almost all of Canelos Combos involve a body shot.

Comment

really don't see the similarities between korobov and GGG. a southpaw GGG gtfoh

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
                      "Fighters dont avoid other fighters, its politics that determine that". Thats worth bearing in mind for the tough guys on this site, who call fighters cowards despite the risks of the sport. You're just projecting the way you'd feel about getting in the ring it's safe to say.
                      Great Post!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X