Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Andre ward would accept a fight being the B side against GGG? Obviously

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO/K2 wont put GGG in with Ward. It doesnt even get to the point of negotiations

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Does anyone know if Ward and HBO are on good terms these days?

I wouldn't think they are because they turned down his fight but haven't really heard much about it

I think HBO wants Golovkin for themselves and will probably pay to keep him fighting there.
      Golovkin is under exclusive contract to HBO, Ward is not under contract to any network. The problem was that he wanted too much money for his tune up fights and a three fight guarantee without having any opponents named. Both HBO and Showtime turned him down and he has not been on HBO as a commentator since.

I would think that Ward needs to build up his brand again by fighting some name contenders before HBO would even consider showing one of his fights again and he would also have to accept the fact that he is not going to be the A side in the fight. Probably some sort of deal like they insisted with Cotto, where to get one fight broadcast he had to agree to another quality opponent. The big question is what other name opponent would anyone want to see Ward fight after GGG? Kovalev?

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
        Golovkin is under exclusive contract to HBO, Ward is not under contract to any network. The problem was that he wanted too much money for his tune up fights and a three fight guarantee without having any opponents named. Both HBO and Showtime turned him down and he has not been on HBO as a commentator since.

I would think that Ward needs to build up his brand again by fighting some name contenders before HBO would even consider showing one of his fights again and he would also have to accept the fact that he is not going to be the A side in the fight. Probably some sort of deal like they insisted with Cotto, where to get one fight broadcast he had to agree to another quality opponent. The big question is what other name opponent would anyone want to see Ward fight after GGG? Kovalev?
        Not really names but winner of Degale-Dirrell, I would think Showtime might bite on that. HBO probably too.
        Yeah among other things, I think it's a hard fight to make. So many roadblocks right now.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
          HBO/K2 wont put GGG in with Ward. It doesnt even get to the point of negotiations
          Are you sure its not the other way around? Ward is fighting on BET against another Delvin Rodriguez.

You know what, you might be right.

HBO wants GGG to fight guys who have a name. Andre doesn't have one. This is his name right now _____ _____. Thats what _____ career has shamed into. And it sucks, because he could have been a big name.

Comment

Ward thinks his unbeaten record and P4P status earns him the right to make more money

Like he wanted 50/50 vs Froch. Completely delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by LesMoonves BOSS View Post
              Are you sure its not the other way around? Ward is fighting on BET against another Delvin Rodriguez.

You know what, you might be right.

HBO wants GGG to fight guys who have a name. Andre doesn't have one. This is his name right now _____ _____. Thats what _____ career has shamed into. And it sucks, because he could have been a big name.

Yup, GGG is sure fighting some superstar names.....

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                GGG would be the A side. He would ask for a smaller ring and Lawrence cole as the ref to prevent holding and clinching. Do you think Ward accepts? Fuq no he doesn't. Fight doesn't get made even if they tried.
                I think it might happen, yes.

Comment

ward would have to concede a lot for the fight to happen at 168, since GGG brings in more money and would be giving up a weight advantage to Ward

if it was fought at like 164, maybe Ward would have more say in the negotiations

either way, i think GGG wants to clean up 160 before going up and facing ward

Comment

Yes he would accept.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                      I doubt GGG would ask for a smaller ring. The ring tonight was huge and presented no problems. Ward cannot run and hide from Golovkin.
                      Ward clinches he doesnt need a big ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X